Trails Galore...

Talk about Trails. Got a good one? We want to know!

Moderator: hemingray

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Trails Galore...

Postby Quadgoddess » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:36 pm

You guys have so many cool places to ride...I need to move to a new state...lol....here is a link to some trails maybe some of you have already checked out...
This is just one... http://www.bokasmo.com/pages/ohv/califo ... index.html
[url=http://carolann63.smugmug.com/]~My Pix~[/url]

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:47 pm

pack your shit up and move..... Hello!!!!
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Gregg
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby Gregg » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:37 pm

Some of those places are quite large (especially by east coast standards). I beleive Johnson Valley has over 100,000 acres of open riding plus miles of trails. Jawbone / Dove Springs / Spangler area has 60,000 open acres plus about 1,000 miles of mapped trails. You should really try to make a trip out here. Quads can be rented by the hour, day or week. Coming fron the Eastern US 23 years ago I was (and sometimes still am) awestruck by the amount of space and varied landscapes out west. There can be great variation by elevation also. In So Cal there are riding areas from below sea level to close to 10,000 feet. You can start in barren desert and be in a lush Pine forest two hours later (after getting lost in a huge grove of Joshua Trees).
Later............Gregg

2005 Polaris Sportsman.
2002 Polaris Trailboss
2004 Suzuki Ozark
BMW R-1150 GS
27' Allegro class A
A Couple of Trailers
A few Fords

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:32 pm

Yeah Carol.... Take that. lol...

You have the lowest and the highest elevations in the continental US, the largest and the oldest living things only in CA.....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:39 pm

Ohio the highest point...I76 overpass. The low point....The ENTIRE STATE.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:52 pm

BTW - I think the oldest thing in CA is Dan (our old guy).

We also have dusty.... He's the gayest guy in CA. lol....

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:04 pm

Oh, and I forgot to mention Ken, the most organized..... lol.

Woops..... nevermind, I was in his garage today. Can you say WTF (heck)? 1000 sq feet of fricken mess...... When I finally was able to traverse to his quad. lol..... I found a half eaten snickers on the bumper and a bag of IAMS dog food in the footwell. lol..... :roll:

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:16 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:pack your shit up and move..... Hello!!!!
Hook me up....I need a Realtor...lol...know any good Realtors? That or I could renovate one of those 'abandoned' trailers and that way have the trails right at my doorstep! :shock: ...lol
Gregg wrote:In So Cal there are riding areas from below sea level to close to 10,000 feet. You can start in barren desert and be in a lush Pine forest two hours later (after getting lost in a huge grove of Joshua Trees).
That would be so cool to check out. I've only seen photos. I could get lost for hours in the beauty of places like that.

Ken wrote:Ohio the highest point...I76 overpass. The low point....The ENTIRE STATE.
That pretty much sums it up...lol

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:56 pm

Hook me up....I need a Realtor...lol...know any good Realtors?
I can't think of any "GOOD ONES" off the top of my head? Hummmmm....... Ken? Your thoughts....????

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:08 am

Mr. Miyagi wrote:
I can't think of any "GOOD ONES" off the top of my head? Hummmmm....... Ken? Your thoughts....????

Nope.

Especially after you dissed my IAMS. BTW...the Raccoons eat it...so I have to put it up high.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:23 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:
I noticed one of your sponsors on the front page advertising...she any good??? lol.......

People, explain this to the little eastern girl.....ummm.......why is housing so high in CA? I was checking out the area where my cousin lives and for a "shack" they're asking 350,000+ ??? There is nothing to these houses!!!??? lol I'm confused......... :?
My little Parma bungalow would rake in a million dollars!....But I don't want to stay here...lol Sorry for going off-topic.... :oops:

Lizard
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Lizard » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:51 pm

The growth throughout the state is phenominal. Homes sell within days to weeks of the listing, usually above the asking price.

Why so much money? As much us many of us Californians hate this states popular (by votes) political views, The weather is pretty damn nice compared to most of the country, and the topography is beautiful in much of the state.
Rincon that's dialed in.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:55 pm

Quadgoddess wrote:
Mr. Miyagi wrote:
I noticed one of your sponsors on the front page advertising...she any good??? lol.......

People, explain this to the little eastern girl.....ummm.......why is housing so high in CA? I was checking out the area where my cousin lives and for a "shack" they're asking 350,000+ ??? There is nothing to these houses!!!??? lol I'm confused......... :?
My little Parma bungalow would rake in a million dollars!....But I don't want to stay here...lol Sorry for going off-topic.... :oops:

Yeah...she's REALLY Good. Really.

The reasons are fairly simple. California has great weather, amazing landscape and jobs. You can water ski in the morning, snow ski in the afternoon and go surfing the next day if you want. And the last I looked, they weren't making any new land.

In the Bay Area....your "shack" isn't even close to 350K..it's more like 600K.

In Sacramento area...you can still buy a nice house in the 300's. If you want more than 3 bedrooms and 2000SQ ft...then you jump into the 400's and 500's.

Or you could always shack up with Miyagi....he's got 4 houses. Just don't bring more than 4 potted plants.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:58 pm

Ken wrote:Or you could always shack up with Miyagi....he's got 4 houses. Just don't bring more than 4 potted plants.
LOL....no potted plants here...they attract dust and bugs...... :shock: lol

I can understand the reasons as far as the landscapes and weather goes.
Right now it's about 20 degrees and snowing here..........

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:50 pm

Sunny, and upper 70's in Sac....San Diego (where I am now) is Sunny and 69.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director