Chappie-Shasta

Talk about Trails. Got a good one? We want to know!

Moderator: hemingray

ACLakey
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Chappie-Shasta

Postby ACLakey » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:29 pm

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/redding/ ... vmain.html

Area Description
Just 10 miles northwest of Redding, the Chappie-Shasta Off-Highway area offers 200 miles of roads and trails over 52,000 acres for off-road enthusiasts. Elevation within this area ranges from 600 to 5000 feet with a wide variety of topography, soil, and vegetation types. The southeastern portions offer rocky and challenging terrain, while the more remote northwestern portions offer scenic views of Mt. Shasta, Lake Shasta, and the Trinity Alps.
Camping is also available adjacent to the staging area below Shasta Dam for a minimal fee. Due to Homeland Security guidelines, an access permit must be acquired at least 72 hours in advance in order to cross Shasta Dam. Permits are free and available throught the Shasta Dam Bureau of Reclamation (BOR). The Copley Mountain staging area is now open as an alternate entrance to Chappie-Shasta OHV Area. No permit is required to access the Copley Mountain staging area.
A few of my buddies have been riding there the past few weekends and are very impressed with the varied terrain. You need to fill out an application with your drivers liscens info to gain access to the area accross Shasta Dam. When pictures come avaliable I will post the.

Andrew

ontherks
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby ontherks » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:32 pm

Took the jeep there back on senior ditch day, There are alot of trails.
'14 XP4 1k

clampnpolaris
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby clampnpolaris » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:45 pm

or you can go in through french gulch
off trinity mountain raod
it take's me 45 min from our place in trinity
to get there
2016 f-350 4x4 powerstroke,
2015 fuizon toyhauler
2015 XP1000

ACLakey

Postby ACLakey » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:29 am

There was another group from here that went for the weekend. They had a great trip. Hoping to get pictures to post for you all. Anybody else ride here?

traildad

Postby traildad » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:48 pm

Junfan wrote:There was another group from here that went for the weekend. They had a great trip. Hoping to get pictures to post for you all. Anybody else ride here?
I have not ridden there but I belong to the Shasta Rock Rollers ATV club and they are based in Redding. If you had any questions I might be able to get answers from the locals.
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"