Mina 06 part 2

Talk about Trails. Got a good one? We want to know!

Moderator: hemingray

d2photo
Is Totally Obsessed

Mina 06 part 2

Postby d2photo » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:28 am

Well, I just got back from Mina yesterday and had a great 8 days of riding in the Nevada desert.

Saw some great ruins, explored to fantastic mines, and had some great riding company.

We averaged anywhere from 75-85 miles a day while still packing in some great scenery and sites. I will have some photos processed soon for viewing.

One sad note though. The telephone pole road Larry,Bill, Wayne and myself rode no longer exists. I wonder with the price of copper right now if the lines were just too much to leave hanging dead in the air?

All of the poles on the road were REMOVED in the past 3 months and the road has been partially graded. :(

This was the same stretch of road that Wayne trashed one on the rims on his "borrowed" quad.

Can't wait to go back with this group or another. TomZ was with us on this last run along with the folks from Intrepidexplorers.org.

Have to say that Brad and company are a great bunch of guys and would ride with them again anytime.

Derrick (D2)
D2
www.peta-atv.com

'06 650 V2 Cat (roll count - 3) (rides w/o roll - 40

"You may not be the solution, but you can ALWAYS be part of the problem. It's good to contribute where you can"

TomZ
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby TomZ » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:19 pm

I just got back from the desert myself late last night. An awsome four days of riding and great company! I'm chompin' at the bit to get back out there...
'05 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O., 2.5 ci Warn Winch, PurePolari$ Brush Guard, Ricochet A-Arm Skid Plates, K&N Filter

d2photo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby d2photo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:33 am

Hey larry, this road looks a bit different in the summer :)

D2
www.peta-atv.com

'06 650 V2 Cat (roll count - 3) (rides w/o roll - 40

"You may not be the solution, but you can ALWAYS be part of the problem. It's good to contribute where you can"

oldtrucks
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby oldtrucks » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:40 am

I know, I was up there a month ago. Right where that quad in your picture is sitting is where I took this picture from

Larry (ATV Ansel)

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

[url=http://www.offroadobsession.com/store]Offroad Obsession[/url]

[url=http://www.rallyontherocks.com]Rally on the Rocks![/url]