I'm mad now

The Big Cat...

Moderator: hemingray

Rock Hugger
Just opened an account at Cabelas

I'm mad now

Postby Rock Hugger » Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:47 pm

Not really mad :D just bummed. I took the wife today to look at the Arctic Cat 500, she said lets get it. I hesitantly said OK :wink: . we go in and fill out paper work to take this puppy home, the sales guy takes the paper work in the back tp run the credit report. After about 10 min he comes back and said the credit agency they use is on the east coast and is now closed(it was 4:15 our time) :x the dealer is closed on Sundays and Mondays and can"t run it till Tuesday........

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:17 am

credit agency they use is on the east coast and is now closed(it was 4:15 our time)
What fricken IDIOTS.... Great customer service. I'd go somewhere else just to make my point.

Think about this... If they're not capable of "selling" the quad during their regular business hours you might want to think about the other customer service issues (like the servicing of your quad). Bring it in one day out in three months....

Good luck..... and... By the way.... Nice choice on your quad. :D
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:20 pm

This isn't about credit reports and customer service issues....this is about Rock Hugger FREAKING OUT because he's afraid by Tuesday, wifey will change her mind. :)
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Rock Hugger

Postby Rock Hugger » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:10 pm

She is comited now :lol: Cat has a deal right now that is No interest, No payments, and No down for 6 months, and a $69 warn winch. I am going to buy the winch and let Arctic cat cover the quad then pay it off before the 6 months is up :P

We are going to buy a quad for my son to. but i'd like to get a 4stroke 90, but they seem doggie compared to the 2stroke 90's. I rode the Polaris 90 2 stroke, and the cat 90 4 stroke, the polaris had more than twice the power. I just hate the red sticker thing :evil:

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:28 pm

Rock Hugger,

I have a Polaris 90 2 stroke to sell if you're interested. I don't have it listed anywhere....just that my daughter grew like a weed.

I actually had a ranger at Meadow Lake look at the Red sticker, and say..Why the heck does that have a red sticker. I said, I don't know. She said...Stupid and said have a nice day.

That's good deal on the Cat.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Rock Hugger

Postby Rock Hugger » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:56 pm

Which one is it, the sportsman 90 or the pred 90? how much do you want for it?

Rock Hugger

Postby Rock Hugger » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:40 pm

Ken wrote:Rock Hugger,

I have a Polaris 90 2 stroke to sell if you're interested. I don't have it listed anywhere....just that my daughter grew like a weed.
I am interested, get me some more info please. :D

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:41 pm

It's the Green 2003 Sportsman 90, the largest of the "kid" Quads.

I paid 2600. It's as new, as "used" can get. She's driven it, like 5 times.

It looks exactly like this one.

Around 2k....the advantage of used...you tell the DMV what you "paid" for taxes. Also...I'm in no rush...so if you have to wait...I won't post it for sale.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Rock Hugger

Postby Rock Hugger » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:43 pm

I think we are going to bite the buulet and get an 05 Preditor 90, they have forward/neutral/reverse.

I did get my cat though. :D

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:15 pm

Cool..no worries.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Gregg

Postby Gregg » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:51 am

Rock Hugger wrote:We are going to buy a quad for my son to. but i'd like to get a 4stroke 90, but they seem doggie compared to the 2stroke 90's. I rode the Polaris 90 2 stroke, and the cat 90 4 stroke, the polaris had more than twice the power. I just hate the red sticker thing :evil:
Look for a used 2 stroke manufactured before 1993. 2 Strokes made before 93 get a green sticker.

I bought my daughter a Yamaha Raptor 80 when she was 8 (a real POS, had to adjust the carb every time we gained 2k feet in altitude) which she outgrew before she was 9. It was like I rented it for 6 monthes and paid $700.00 for the rental. I then bought her a Suzuki Ozark 250 which she handles quite well. Hopefully she will ride this one till she can afford her own......... ;-)

If you son takes to quadding, you might consider a larger bike that you can keep for a number of years. Remember the rediculous age guidelines stamped on quads and make ypur decision accordingly.

Gregg

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:08 am

Thank god those are age GUIDELINES...and not the law.

It's so stupid. You can put a 10 year old kid on a YZ450, but put them on a smaller Utility Quad and it's "not recommend."

I'm sorry...but leave this one up to the parents. I bought my daughter the Polaris 90. It's the biggest "kid" Quad you can get. She's totally too tall now, at 12 years old. She was 10 when I bought it. It's been ridden like 7 or 8 times. I've only adjusted the chain for slack.

When we go easy trail riding....She rides my wife's 700. She's ULTRA careful.....totally puts along. She's the cautious one in the family. My son? I wouldn't let him ride it without me on it or standing next to him for all the tea in china. He'd be trying to jump it in 5 minutes.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Rock Hugger

Postby Rock Hugger » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:45 pm

Gregg wrote:
Look for a used 2 stroke manufactured before 1993. 2 Strokes made before 93 get a green sticker.

I bought my daughter a Yamaha Raptor 80 when she was 8 (a real POS, had to adjust the carb every time we gained 2k feet in altitude) which she outgrew before she was 9. It was like I rented it for 6 monthes and paid $700.00 for the rental. I then bought her a Suzuki Ozark 250 which she handles quite well. Hopefully she will ride this one till she can afford her own......... ;-)

If you son takes to quadding, you might consider a larger bike that you can keep for a number of years. Remember the rediculous age guidelines stamped on quads and make ypur decision accordingly.

Gregg
Well I allready bought an 05 Predator 90. I liked the new one becuse it has Reverse. Also I did buy one my son will be able to ride for several years, he is only 6 but he fits it well.