Jetting

Be A Brute!

Moderator: hemingray

Dennis
Is tracking a shipment right now

Jetting

Postby Dennis » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:24 pm

I'll be getting new exhaust soon. I'm getting a full Muzzy system for the 750 Brute Force. I have some questions on jetting. How hard is it going to be to get it right? I'd rather it ran better in the mountains than down here. Do you just tune it for here and hope for the best up higher?

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:50 pm

There's some posts in the Polaris section. Just for reference....but I can tell you my experience....check the photos in the sticky post.

As for the kit. DynaJet is the best. Very good instructions....My kit had 3 elevations...0-3000, 3000-6000 and 6000-9000.

I put in the 3000-6000. Even though I mostly ride above 6000 feet...reality is...most of it is around 6200...which is just over. No biggie. I was honestly concerned that putting in the 6000-9000 would really help at high elevation...but could be potentially damaging (too hot) at sea level. I don't go often, but I do go to Prairie city from time to time.

I was MORE than satisfied with the results of the 3000-6000 kit. It was definitely an improvement...started easier....didn't "bog" on heavy throttle at 6000+ feet.

If you're still running carb....It's a must...at 60 bucks, it's a big improvement.

I got mine at www.hotseatperformance.com

Not sure what's available for kawi's.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/