Dealers

Spin City

Moderator: hemingray

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Dealers

Postby Quadgoddess » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:54 am

I'm checking out a few dealers and being a new transplant to the fine state of CA I wanted to know if anyone knows anything about the following dealers either "through the grapevine", personal experience etc...I already called the BBB on all... some had info... some did not...but like they say "the dealer is your best friend so go with one that will be dependable, reliable, and has the best track record"....

*Marina Boat Sales-Lodi
*West Coast ATV-Elk Grove
*Anytime Powersports-SAC
*Calif Speed Sports-Livermore

A cycle shop in Modesto..I'll be nice and not mention the name...lol...seemed like they were into "pressure sales"....all models that I'm interested in>>>sold out...and the sales chick didn't know too much...didn't know her inventory or when the next shipment is due :roll: and chewing gum at the same time....now that's different for a blonde :shock: ...NEXT! It was a nice cruise out there though...lol
[url=http://carolann63.smugmug.com/]~My Pix~[/url]

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:11 pm

What is it you want to know about these places..... Sales, parts, service, what?
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:25 pm

I'm not looking for best price but for best reputation of customer satisfaction for service before and after.

Thanks

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:22 pm

What are you looking for? Maybe we can help.....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:20 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:What are you looking for?

Someone other than you answering my posts....J/K! :mrgreen:

I'm looking at the 06' Bombs...they have an awesome warranty that no one can come close to. And my friend Neil has had his 2 seater for a year now and has nothing but good things to say about it. As well as reading things from ATV Frontier...a Bomber exclusive site....;)

In comparison to riding the Bombardier and your Polaris I'd have to say the Bombardier was much "easier" to handle/steering. Your Polaris is nice but I think I'm going to go in the direction of a Bomb.

I knew the dealers back home...here I don't know which of the dealers have a good rep etc....that's why I'm asking...;)

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:57 pm

Bombs have less than 1% of the atv market..... The warranty is just to increase it's market share. As far as the new Bomb goes..... It's their first quality atv (so far) and time will tell..... A friend I ride with owns a bomb and seems to like it.

Personally, I don't think his bomb would hold up to the riggers of the type of riding we do (just like the Honda). Although it might be a great quad for a beginner or someone who will not be riding the Rubicon...... Who knows.

Just remember - Polaris has a reputation as being the Cadillac of quads and the leader in innovation. Copied time and time again.....

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:07 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:Just remember - Polaris has a reputation as being the Cadillac of quads and the leader in innovation. Copied time and time again.....
oVer and over....

The only other brand that has the suspension to handle it...is Arctic Cat.

And the largest CC quad Bomb has ever produced before this year...was 400cc.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:49 pm

Thanks for the opinions... :)

As far as the Rubicon...I have no real desire to do the Rubicon...maybe one day....just personal preference.

I'd love to do the old mine rides in Nevada or other scenic trails.
That's my goal by next year to do a Nevada trip or two...or three...lol

My idea of 'fun' on a quad is sight-seeing with a group of people that enjoy doing the same...and no, this is not a personals ad...lol....maybe spend a night or two camping and exploring new territory...even getting off the quad and doing a little hiking...but trying to muscle up or down the Rubicon would be a trip I'd maybe do once just to say "I did it"...but not something I would do every weekend. I think it would get boring after awhile doing the same thing over and over...plus beating up the quad not to mention yourself is not my idea of fun....JMO

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:33 pm

Looking for idea mate....I love long rides in the desert....cozy nights in a tent...occasional ass kicking on the rocks...just to say I did it. ;)
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:01 pm

Ken wrote:Looking for idea mate....I love long rides in the desert....cozy nights in a tent...occasional ass kicking on the rocks...just to say I did it. ;)

LOL...you forgot to throw in a nice hot shower...I don't go for guys that don't shower after that ass kicking ride...hygiene...very important for a cozy night... :lol:

ontherks
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby ontherks » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:28 pm

ONly one I can commet on is Anytime powersports in sac. I would never go there. Been there once and they do not want to help, don't act like they care if you do buisness there, and are very rude. I know many people that have had the same experiances. Actually, I don't know anyone, that has said anything good about them. I know one person in perticular that was buying a new sled from them, it was a done deal, paper work was done. Just had to sign, he went to in sign a pick it up and they were so rude, he told them to rip the paper work up and have a nice day, then walked out and bought one at auburn polaris.

I like auburn polaris, Jeff is a good guy and Also adrenilen in cirtus heights seem to be pretty good now.
'14 XP4 1k

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:13 am

Now that's what I'm talking about....

Thanks ontherks...

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:31 am

My little shop in Placerville is a great shop.
Very honest easy to deal with. New rig prices on first quote are high but after checking other prices he met the price. Service is great, but I do most of my own service. The mechanic is a great young man. He is smart enough to stop before he gets in over his head and calls Polaris. I get free roaming of the shop when I come by and get advice from the mechanic and we share the latest good and bad with Polaris. I get to view the TBS’s even if they are not for my rig.
Placerville is way out of the way for you. :(
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:59 am

MrBill wrote:Placerville is way out of the way for you. :(

LOL...you Californian's are funny! Placerville, according to Mapquest, is 1hr 25 mins from Stockton....to me that's "close"....I just did the Bay area over the weekend...that was about the same distance and time....not a problem at all. And I'm doing it again tomorrow...this time going to Vallejo to meet up with some people.

I'm always up for a road trip....no distance is too far to me.

Thanks for the tips... :wink:

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:02 pm

We then here you go you can test ride the polaris's in the back he has a track.
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI