2005 Suzuki King Quad Recall.... Tie Rod Ends

King of Quads

Moderator: hemingray

oldtrucks
Certified: OBSESSED

2005 Suzuki King Quad Recall.... Tie Rod Ends

Postby oldtrucks » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:16 am

I just got a recall for my 2005 Suzuki King Quad, Tie Rod End replacement. Said they assembled it improperly and the ends could be damaged. I called the dealer where I bought it, Apex in Auburn, and here's their story. He ran my VIN, ordered parts (could be 3-5 days), going to call when he's got the parts and schedule an appointment to do the repair. He said it's about a 2 hour job. The funny thing on the recall, Suzuki wants me to "Clean your ATV thoroughly, so your dealer can perform the recall service quickly". I was hoping they would clean it for me when it was in, the Chevy Dealer always does :D
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

[url=http://www.offroadobsession.com/store]Offroad Obsession[/url]

[url=http://www.rallyontherocks.com]Rally on the Rocks![/url]

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:20 am

LOL....

Clean it...that's funny.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

oldtrucks

Postby oldtrucks » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:21 pm

True to his word the service manager ordered my parts and called yesterday and said they were in. I told him I was going to try and ride today and would bring it in no later than Wednesday afternoon. I also asked how long the work would take. I wanted to make sure I would be able to pick it up before the weekend because I'll be out of town all next week and didn't want to leave the quad there that long. No problem, only about an hour, but this would be the first one they had done. So, I actually went to the car wash and cleaned the quad, drove over to Apex, and unloaded the quad. I walk in and the guy at the counter tells me they have to order the parts. Huh? I explain yesterdays telephone conversation and was told, "We are installing YOUR PARTS on another quad right now, we'll have to order more". BS! After a little discussion he decides that he can probably get my work done and I can pick it up Friday, as promised..........to be continued
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:44 pm

WTF.... Why is it that... that shit happends all the time.

I needed two bags of mounting clips for a softbag I bought (eight clips to one bag). They said they had a dozen bags of clips in stock. After an exhausting search they had one partially opened bag of 6 clips. The guy said come back next week.... We'll have them for sure.

So, I called instead..... Explained I needed two bags of bla bla bla. He said he had eleven bags in stock. So, I explained the story of the last time I was in and asked him to check to see if they were physically there. He started arguing with me about how the computer has a detailed bla bla bla. Finally, he went to check.....

Would have loved to see his face when he was explaining to me he only had one partially opened bag of..... nothing. That's it..... an opened plastic bag.

Computers? They're only as accurate as the lazy a$$es who use them.
Last edited by Mr. Miyagi on Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:44 pm

oldtrucks wrote: I walk in and the guy at the counter tells me they have to order the parts. Huh? I explain yesterdays telephone conversation and was told, "We are installing YOUR PARTS on another quad right now, we'll have to order more". BS! After a little discussion he decides that he can probably get my work done and I can pick it up Friday, as promised..........to be continued
Boy I would of gone off.
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

dp
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby dp » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:58 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:WTF.... Why is it that... that shit happends all the time.
its epidemic
'05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI

oldtrucks

Postby oldtrucks » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:59 pm

It got a little heated! Had I not already unloaded (the quad) I probably would have really went off on him.
Larry (ATV Ansel)

KTM265
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Re: 2005 Suzuki King Quad Recall.... Tie Rod Ends

Postby KTM265 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:42 pm

oldtrucks wrote:I just got a recall for my 2005 Suzuki King Quad, Tie Rod End replacement. Said they assembled it improperly and the ends could be damaged. I called the dealer where I bought it, Apex in Auburn, and here's their story. He ran my VIN, ordered parts (could be 3-5 days), going to call when he's got the parts and schedule an appointment to do the repair. He said it's about a 2 hour job. The funny thing on the recall, Suzuki wants me to "Clean your ATV thoroughly, so your dealer can perform the recall service quickly". I was hoping they would clean it for me when it was in, the Chevy Dealer always does :D
I did some checking and the kits coming in are stock replacement...The Big King seems to suffer the weak tie-rod problem that Kawasaki Brute and V-Force have. There was a rumor going around that these kits contained a larger tie-rod and heavier duty end...not true. It's the same parts, just less dirty...Ha-ha. As far as I know I think Diamond G is the only company with heavy duty replacement tie-rods and ends. Maybe someone can let us know if there are any others...

oldtrucks

Postby oldtrucks » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:38 pm

The tie rods on the King Quad look a bit larger than the Kawasaki and the Twin Peaks that have a similar recall. I had an opportunity recently to get a close look at a Kawasaki tie rod...... close enough to tie a strap on it :wink: , then I did a quick comparison. I'd be guesing maybe an 1/8" larger. The recall on the King Quad is for ends not rods like the others. But, as soon as I start believing this I'll probably end up with a bent or broken one :cry:
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:53 pm

But, as soon as I start believing this I'll probably end up with a bent or broken one
lol.... We'll bring an extra crescent wrench. :wink:
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Chadd

Postby Chadd » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:46 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:
But, as soon as I start believing this I'll probably end up with a bent or broken one
lol.... We'll bring an extra crescent wrench. :wink:
Or a tupperware tool box.. :D
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:39 am

when I ordered my tie rods I also ordered new ends.......not taking any chances, also will bring one of the old ones as a spare........

DAVE

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:19 am

tupperware tool box..
Craftsman..... :roll:

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:49 am

Mr. Miyagi wrote:
tupperware tool box..
Craftsman..... :roll:

With custom velcro strap!

The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:52 am

EXACTLY :wink: