Terry Reid - Aka Mr. Miyagi - Rest in peace...Gas on

Stuff to know...

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Terry Reid - Aka Mr. Miyagi - Rest in peace...Gas on

Postby Ken » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:24 pm

It's with the heaviest of heart that I can describe, that I let you all know that on May 30, 2005 Terry Reid died of heart attack. I talked to Terry on Monday, and told him I would call him on Thursday, after my surgery. I left him a message and hadn't heard back. Today, Terry's friends in Stockton tracked me down from the site and called Miren. I can't begin to describe what a huge personal loss this is to me.

Terry and I were best friends. We had known each other since 1984, working in Operations at DHL at SFO Airport. We worked together for years and were friends at work. Then I got married...little kids...he left DHL and I didn't hear from him for a while. But it wasn't until about 4 or 5 years ago that we started chatting on the phone and email together after a friend got me his phone number.

Terry emailed me one day...and asked me about Quads...he knew I had recently bought a couple quads. He wanted my opinion of the Yamaha Wolverine..LOL. I talked to his friend from work....and he said Terry was obsessing over it. Well....I sent Terry a rear view photo of the Wolverine suspension and the Polaris Sportsman suspension. I helped Terry buy his 700 on eBay, after he was initially sucked in by the Euro Scammers. We all know how cheap Terry was....and he thought...WTF...I can wait from Germany. I said...Dude...if it's too good to be true...it IS! But..if you insist....Tell the seller, you'll fly to Berlin to pay in cash...I said..if it's real, what's that cost you....a grand? You're still getting the Quad for under 5K. As we know....it was a scam. Terry did get his Quad on eBay from a real seller. One night in Boise in my hotel, I get this call...."DUDE! My quad is at the terminal...they said I can go get it!! Quick question...how do you start it???" Little would I know, this would be the dawn of more fun with Terry and his quad.....multiple rolling....Mr. Miyagi! Gas on..Gas off, puddle jumps...dislocated toes and of course..Terry's favorite...GQ - Gay Quadding magazine.

All.....just great great memories to my good, good friend...Terry.

So I have one final request....I know it won't be easy....but I know you'll do it right. BC....can we have one...final edition of GQ Magazine for Terry. He thought you were great and we both had hoped at some point we could ride together. Terry wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

The site will never be the same without him.....but then again...neither will my life....but I'm so so glad I had the chance to ride with Mr. Miyagi.

I plan on making an announcement on the front page....and I'm putting together a picture memorial for Terry....my last tribute.

http://www.atvobsession.com/pictures/mr ... index.html

Some time this summer, I want to have a Mr. Miyagi Memorial ride....and I'd like everyone who can...to come. I want to do something for Terry every year....so that he's not forgotten.

Thanks....God Bless

Ken
Last edited by Ken on Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

ACLakey
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby ACLakey » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:28 pm

My condolences to you and Terry's family.

Andrew

d2photo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby d2photo » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:36 pm

Ken, also my condolences to you and yours as well as Terry's family.

Ride - name the time and place ..
D2
www.peta-atv.com

'06 650 V2 Cat (roll count - 3) (rides w/o roll - 40

"You may not be the solution, but you can ALWAYS be part of the problem. It's good to contribute where you can"

ontherks
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby ontherks » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:53 pm

Wow, I Can't belive this is true, Iam shocked and at a lose for words.
Sorry to hear this :(
'14 XP4 1k

clampnpolaris
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby clampnpolaris » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:19 pm

Sorry to hear about the loss of thr great Mr. Miyagi!!!!

I had hoped to one day ride with the group and meet the great

Mr.Miyagi R.i.P
2016 f-350 4x4 powerstroke,
2015 fuizon toyhauler
2015 XP1000

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:35 pm

I am amazed. . . what a kick to the nuts, he will be missed with all the joking and good humor.. .

My prayers are with all. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:44 pm

WOW I can't believe it..........I thought this is some kind of a joke. I like riding with Terry and I liked his sense of humor. I will miss you....

DAVE
DAVE

Brute 750 Camo... 26'' MUDLITE XTR'S... Ramsey 3000 w/remote...eXplorist 400... Mair handguards... FlightCare Member

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:53 pm

DAVE wrote:WOW I can't believe it..........I thought this is some kind of a joke. I like riding with Terry and I liked his sense of humor. I will miss you....

DAVE

I wish Dave. Terry liked riding with you too....I would have called you personally, but I didn't have your number.

I know his memorial service will be 4PM on Friday in Stockton....and I know it's at the park, where he launched his boat....but I don't know exactly where that is.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:57 pm

GAS ON...

2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:05 pm

I am so sorry to hear about this....when you just posted this on The Wild site...I had to re-read it...I can't believe it...my condolences.... :(
[url=http://carolann63.smugmug.com/]~My Pix~[/url]

Dennis

Postby Dennis » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:00 pm

Vaya Con Dios.

I'm shocked.

BradM

Postby BradM » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:29 pm

Oh Ken!!!! I'm so sorry!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.intrepidexplorers.org/

mtnjeep2
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby mtnjeep2 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:55 pm

Terry, we are going to miss you greatly,you have been such a good friend and will be missed by all of us. This summer, a ride and toast to you, to one who has been such an important part of us on the trails. and when you look down, we will bring a smile to you face. your very good friend, Dan
jeep cj-5
(2) Polaris 700's
Ramsey Winch
26" Mud Lites
Custom Skid Plates
ATV'S Token Old Guy

BearCat
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby BearCat » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:14 pm

My God ,Ken. I'm at a complete loss for words. My heartfelt condolences. Friendships forged over the net, some would say its impossible, I say you dont need to meet face to face to call one a friend. I'll miss ya Terr!

God Bless
John
Polaris' don't leak oil...They Mark Territory!
[img]http://www.execulink.com/~jesten/header.jpg[/img]

oldtrucks
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby oldtrucks » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:43 pm

I've had all day to try to find something to say, and I'm still at a loss. When Ken called this morning I couldn't believe what I was hearing, and I'm still wrestling with it.

When someone dies we often say they'll be missed, but life goes on without them, on occasion we may reflect and miss that person. I truly think this will be different. I rarely posted when one of my last thoughts before hitting the send button wasn't, "What's Terry's Respose Going To Be"? No matter what it was, I always looked forward to hearing his response.

The last time I saw him was in La Porte in November. We stopped in an area with some fresh snow and Terry flopped on the ground and made a Snow Angel. I grabbed my camera and snapped what turned out to be the last picture I took that day, as Cody took to flight about a 1/2 mile up the road.

Whenever I ride my motorcycle my wife makes me say a prayer and invite some angels along. They include my grand fathers, a best friend I lost years ago, her older brother, and my uncle. If Terry wants to tag along he'll always be welcome.
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

[url=http://www.offroadobsession.com/store]Offroad Obsession[/url]

[url=http://www.rallyontherocks.com]Rally on the Rocks![/url]