We will also celebrate Chadd (with 2 d's) Burroughs.
SEPT 9, 10 and 11.
EVERYONE from any location is well come. The road is dirt, and slow going...but trailers are not a problem.
Location: Meadow Lake
From HWY 80
North on Hwy 89
(Toward Sierraville) (RESET odometer at exit)
14.7 miles Turn Left at Jackson Meadows
(Sign before turn says Weber Lake, Independence Lake and Jackson Meadows)
Go EXACTLY 9.5 miles (just past Weber Lake) turn left toward Meadow lake.
It's 11.1 Miles to Meadow Lake.
(The road turns to dirt in about 100 yards.)
From Sierraville on 89
Turn right at Jackson Meadows and repeat above.
Could be...I'll have to tell Terry's chipmunk story.hemingray wrote:Last summer I came driving in my truck around a curve on Bowman Lake Road and there was a chipmunk standing in the middle. I had no choice but to just go over it. I looked in the rear view mirror and the thing was still there, tail and everything ruffling. I thought it was dead already, but then it took off for the other side of the road. Maybe it was Terry eh?
Better!! Yup..same place.EigerMike wrote:i hope to make it ! mini mike will be looking forward to it! staying at the camp ground again?
I'm open to suggestions where people would like to go....I'm thinking a nice place to have lunch. Dave?
- Forever On The trail - RIP
- Posts: 1411
- Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:11 pm
- Location: Truckee, CA
1) Come back out Meadow Lake Road to almost where it hits pavement.
2) Hang a right to go behind Webber Lake
3) At the pavement, speed about 150 yards west and take the first right (FS 12).
4) Speed down FS 12 for several miles, hang a left onto FS 54 that goes down to Bassetts. It hits hwy 49 directly across the street from that place.
Meadow Lake Road and FS 12 are both designated for street-legal only, so it's really not much more legal than riding to Washington.
1) Meadow Lake Rd. west to Bowman Lake Rd
2) Left on Bowman Lk Rd, then right on the 76 road
3) Left on the 41 road around Pinoli Peak which eventually brings you to Graniteville Rd.
3a) stop at killer view on Pinoli Ridge (which you may remember)
3b) left at small road along ridge before dropping into valley to a large log landing and another neat view of Pyramid Peak
3c) stop at East Creek for a scenic breather
4) Right on Graniteville Rd
5) Left on the 21 road (Washington Rd) (or there's another route that avoids this upper section of the 21 road)
6) At Gaston, left on 25 road (Hoosier Rd.), which goes around around Celina Ridge, and loops back to Graniteville Rd near the 41 road intersection
7) Turn right and ride down to Bowman Lake Rd (OR - back onto the 41 road and right at Weaver Lake Rd. to Weaver and McMurray Lakes)
8) Left on Bowman Lake Rd. to Faucherie Lake Rd and up to the lake (one of the coolest lakes with a road to it!) This could be the lunch stop - nice place!
8a) (killer side trip near here - dunno if it's possible though)
9) Back to Bowman Lake Rd and a right turn, then back to Meadow Lake Rd.
Or something like that... :-)
- Is tracking a shipment right now
- Posts: 227
- Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:59 am
- Location: Orland
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests