well just got time off for the ride looks like i will be there

oh yea!!!!
06 Polaris sportsman EFI 500 H.O.
25inch maxxis big horns.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:04 pm

Awesome.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

nocoad
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Meadow Lake

Postby nocoad » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:03 pm

I'm back! Trying real hard to make it up for the weekend. I camped up there Sierra Trek wknd with a jeep club and had a blast. (Hi Rockslayr - I think that was who I met at the top of WH 5) Rode many miles every day but would love to find out some of the trails you guys ride up there. Just make sure you don't take me thru too many deep water crossings Ken! :lol:
2005 Brute Force 750i
Big Gun Exhaust
Warn 2500 Winch
K & N Filter
Richochet Full SKid Plate

cajungal64
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Re: Meadow Lake

Postby cajungal64 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:28 pm

nocoad wrote:I'm back! Trying real hard to make it up for the weekend. I camped up there Sierra Trek wknd with a jeep club and had a blast. (Hi Rockslayr - I think that was who I met at the top of WH 5) Rode many miles every day but would love to find out some of the trails you guys ride up there. Just make sure you don't take me thru too many deep water crossings Ken! :lol:
GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK!! Water crossings may be few and far between!! Did it take this long for your quasd to finally DRY OUT!!!! :lol:
Lori

Polaris 800 which I bum from the webmaster!!!

[i]If ya gonna run with the big dawgs, you gotta quit pissin' on the porch with the poodles![/i]

nocoad

cleaning up

Postby nocoad » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:36 pm

I think I just got my last rock out today!! :x
2005 Brute Force 750i
Big Gun Exhaust
Warn 2500 Winch
K & N Filter

traildad

Postby traildad » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:44 pm

If we don't get any rain up there before the trip you will want a dust mask for sure. My son said he couldn't even see the trail in front of him. In a few spots it seemed like the powder was at least 6 inches deep.
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"

nocoad

Dust

Postby nocoad » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:37 pm

When I was up there 2 weeks ago you had to space quads out at least a minute so you could see the road in front of you. On the trail up to Lacey Peak it seemed that the silt was at least a foot deep.
2005 Brute Force 750i
Big Gun Exhaust
Warn 2500 Winch
K & N Filter

popotim
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby popotim » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:09 pm

Think you could get a 40 foot Weekend Warrior toy hauler behind an F350 with dualies into there, and if you did, is there any place to put it? My buddy with the RZR is considering it. As you can tell, he has far too much discretionary cash on hand.
sp 08 800, Polaris 3500 winch, 26 in. Mudlite XTR's, ATV-Guru front bumper, Ricochet skid plate, Stickstopper A-arm protectors, Garmin 60Cx gps.

sp 04.5 500 H.O. 25 in. Mudlite XTR's Stickstoppers.

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:33 pm

The only real concern is the road right at the end thru the campground by the lake. Last year we had a 33.5 fifth wheel and my 26 foot trailer with no problem. It's a rough road right at the end but he should be fine.
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

cajungal64

Postby cajungal64 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:02 pm

popotim wrote:Think you could get a 40 foot Weekend Warrior toy hauler behind an F350 with dualies into there, and if you did, is there any place to put it? My buddy with the RZR is considering it. As you can tell, he has far too much discretionary cash on hand.
Is he taking reservations for bedspace INSIDE??? It got nippy last year!! :wink:
Lori

Polaris 800 which I bum from the webmaster!!!

[i]If ya gonna run with the big dawgs, you gotta quit pissin' on the porch with the poodles![/i]

popotim

Postby popotim » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:20 am

Well Lori, the good news is if he comes, that if it starts to rain, we can all fit inside and watch NASCAR on the high def flat screen with the heater going full blast. The damn thing is bigger than my first apartment. Tell your husband to bring that new DVD he's on, and we can all watch that together and cheer him on.
sp 08 800, Polaris 3500 winch, 26 in. Mudlite XTR's, ATV-Guru front bumper, Ricochet skid plate, Stickstopper A-arm protectors, Garmin 60Cx gps.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:10 pm

HUSBAND. Ken did u forget to tell is something.
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

popotim

Postby popotim » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:25 pm

OOps, Might have assumed facts not in evidence, as we say at work. Teach me to read between the lines. Kendo, you didn't do a photo how to series on getting your foot out of your mouth did you?

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:57 pm

MrPolaris wrote:HUSBAND. Ken did u forget to tell is something.

SPOUSAL EQUIVALENT.....Tim just dotted one too many I's...and crossed too many T's.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:01 pm

popotim wrote:OOps, Might have assumed facts not in evidence, as we say at work. Teach me to read between the lines. Kendo, you didn't do a photo how to series on getting your foot out of your mouth did you?

Tim...I'll get you all caught up. Don't worry about the assumption....nobody freaked out, aside from Dusty.

As for Kendo....He's just being a jerk. LOL. Ok....I'm an IT guy....my family owns an auto repair shop....but I learned to type. Jack and I did the photo series on jetting the Polaris. Jack DEFINITELY was the Lead mechanic...I was the photo journalist. :) Kendo and Jack, are definitely without a doubt more knowledgeable in the mechanical skills department.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director