Stuff to know...

Moderator: hemingray

FishaHallic
Aka: Fishoil

Postby FishaHallic » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:56 pm

Dust mask for sure. :D
07 King Quad with a little bling,
3.0 Warn Winch
Garmin 60CSX GPS (Update) broke this in rollover.

EigerMike
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby EigerMike » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:09 pm

is there fees to camp ect?
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:25 pm

EigerMike wrote:is there fees to camp ect?
$10 a site IIRC. Sites are big enough for a couple of campers though.
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:34 pm

popotim wrote:Plan on being there with my 22 year old son. Be tent camping, so if anyone has any words of wisdom about this place, I don't get offended. Know I need to haul in some water. Are there enough picnic tables? And how much gas per machine do you normally go through? Don't know how hard you push it. Plus any "must have" stuff I wouldn't think of. Look forward to hanging out with you guys, and puttin on some miles.
Gets chilly at night, if you get cold bring a heater. No running water that I know of, but they do have vault toilets. Picnic tables are one per site, so if you're sharing with someone else, it might get crowded. I would bring at least enough gas to run a tankful every day you plan to be there.

Second on the dust mask, it was BAD last year.

Bring a chair per person. Firewood if you have it, but we usually do OK there.

All I can think of right now.

traildad
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby traildad » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:04 am

popotim wrote: Plus any "must have" stuff I wouldn't think of. Look forward to hanging out with you guys, and puttin on some miles.
Well depending your riding style and who you try to keep up with, you might want to bring a spare frame, maybe a radiator, spare tires, spare wheels and enough oil and filters to flush your system a few times. :lol:
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:12 pm

Hey...Lori resembles that remark. ;)
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

cajungal64
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby cajungal64 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:02 pm

Ken wrote:Hey...Lori resembles that remark. ;)
EXCUUUUUSE ME!!! Didn't some webmaster bust a rim in Moab, and some child-like grown man broke an A ARM just last week!!! I think I am in very good company when it comes to those accomplished at destruction of quads... OH, and who can forget the OIL MAN.... Fish.... :wink:
Lori

Polaris 800 which I bum from the webmaster!!!

[i]If ya gonna run with the big dawgs, you gotta quit pissin' on the porch with the poodles![/i]

d2photo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby d2photo » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:02 pm

Cold - This is the Ice bag that didn't loose ANYTHING overnight:

Your forgetting Kens oil plug on fordyce while shooting MM2 as well.

and Kens A-Arm on the NEW quad last year -
D2
www.peta-atv.com

'06 650 V2 Cat (roll count - 3) (rides w/o roll - 40

"You may not be the solution, but you can ALWAYS be part of the problem. It's good to contribute where you can"

popotim
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby popotim » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:38 pm

Seen that picture before, but I never figured out how you would break your A-arm on THAT trail. Nice thing about having two ATVs up there is that is one breaks, I guess my son doesn't get to ride. :( I figured a tank a day, but didn't know if you had some 150 miler planned. We aren't complete virgins at this, so I think we'll be O.K.
sp 08 800, Polaris 3500 winch, 26 in. Mudlite XTR's, ATV-Guru front bumper, Ricochet skid plate, Stickstopper A-arm protectors, Garmin 60Cx gps.

sp 04.5 500 H.O. 25 in. Mudlite XTR's Stickstoppers.

popotim
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby popotim » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Also curious as to when people got there on Friday. Didn't know if you met up in Little Truckee to go in. Got a sister with a place in Tahoe City we can spend Thursday night if you get going early Friday. Been down the paved road to Jackson Meadow Res numerous times, but don't recall a Meadow lake turn-off. I'll fugure that out one with the GPS and my National Geographic map. This sounds like a blast, and I can't wait to pick all your brains about ATV stuff and pick up riding pointers.
sp 08 800, Polaris 3500 winch, 26 in. Mudlite XTR's, ATV-Guru front bumper, Ricochet skid plate, Stickstopper A-arm protectors, Garmin 60Cx gps.

sp 04.5 500 H.O. 25 in. Mudlite XTR's Stickstoppers.

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:35 am

Turn off is 39 29' 56"N 120 26' 02"W

Some people will be there Thursday night, others arriving at various times on Friday. The big group ride is on Saturday with smaller rides on Friday and Sunday.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:46 am

popotim wrote:Also curious as to when people got there on Friday. Didn't know if you met up in Little Truckee to go in. Got a sister with a place in Tahoe City we can spend Thursday night if you get going early Friday. Been down the paved road to Jackson Meadow Res numerous times, but don't recall a Meadow lake turn-off. I'll fugure that out one with the GPS and my National Geographic map. This sounds like a blast, and I can't wait to pick all your brains about ATV stuff and pick up riding pointers.

Also if you set your Trip meter, my directions are dead on.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:46 pm

Amazingly, I will actually be home this time, so I'll come up for the day at least. Where's the big ride heading to?

Dave

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:54 pm

Holy crap. . . I am not on this site for days and look what gets planned without me knowing. . .

I just talked to the wife, and barring no birth then, I am there. . . (Birth of the baby that is)
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

d2photo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby d2photo » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:13 pm

MrPolaris wrote:and barring no birth then, I am there. . . (Birth of the baby that is)
That sounds vaguely familiar.... Hmmm... Yep it was this time last year I was wondering the same thing ..

When is Kaylee coming..
D2
www.peta-atv.com

'06 650 V2 Cat (roll count - 3) (rides w/o roll - 40

"You may not be the solution, but you can ALWAYS be part of the problem. It's good to contribute where you can"