Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Mina Repairs

Postby MrBill » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:46 pm

Mr Bill's 500HO Polarar!
Yea that was me on the rocks.

OK back to repairs No flats or slow leaks, Torn rear outer boot and left side bearings for the hub. Chadd the grim reapper was right "you run those rear A arm gaurds you will get a rock down inside and you will cut a boot."
I just cut the hole out the bottom of the gaurds so maybe next time it will not happen.
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:32 pm

Yeah... Say it isn't so..... lol.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Lope
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby Lope » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:57 pm

Hey look, I am new to this forum and while I like what you guys are doing, I hate to see the kind of acts committed that make us all look like disrespectful idiots. It is one of the reasons I enjoy riding quads. You get to see the stuff others can't. If we don't police ourselves and try to do the right things, there are others out there who are just waiting to take it away. I grew up on the Rubicon trail, it used to be a place where you could enjoy the challenge and people you met. Now they have to patrol it on the weekends and have closed Spider for the abusive nature of people. If you believe permits to use are far off you are delusional. You can trash me all you like, I grew up many years ago. I believe in enjoying yourself and leaving it for others to enjoy as well.

Chadd

Postby Chadd » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:09 pm

:shock:
Last edited by Chadd on Mon May 01, 2006 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

Lope

Postby Lope » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:28 pm

I do not want to come off as disrespectful to THE group. It really does not matter how it was done but, that it was done. I believe THE group does the right thing 99% of the time. Unfortunatly that 1% that we and by that I mean myself as well, do the wrong thing it will come back to haunt us. That particular area is very sensitive to those that watch it. It has a huge historical value to the locals and those who want to close us out of that type of area. I tend to get wound up easy and that is my burden to wear. Hey for as much as I know this is a mute point if a ATV rider did not do this. I have done and will certainly do my fair share of not so intelligent acts. I just try and limit their consequences to me and my machine not the surroundings I am enjoying. Just my opinion.

BradM
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby BradM » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:22 am

In my opinion, Lope nails it.
http://www.intrepidexplorers.org/

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:38 am

Lope wrote:I grew up on the Rubicon trail, it used to be a place where you could enjoy the challenge and people you met. Now they have to patrol it on the weekends and have closed Spider for the abusive nature of people. If you believe permits to use are far off you are delusional. You can trash me all you like, I grew up many years ago. I believe in enjoying yourself and leaving it for others to enjoy as well.

Sorry, this was was your thread entry....Welcome by the way.

A) We know about the Patrols....Cause I'm one of the Patrol volunteers.

B) I know about permits....I spent about 40 hours, writing 5 or so pages of Public Comment on the RTMP document. My comments are posted in the Land Management thread.

You're not coming off as disrespectful to me...I was NOT there...., and didn't know anything about it...til just now.
Last edited by Ken on Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Lope

Postby Lope » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:42 am

Fair enough Ken. My issue was not with the "other" mentioned trail and I see the need to keep such comments away from prying eyes. I hope this serves to promote discussion and thought before we do something that will have far reaching effects. I respect you guys and enjoy the site, unfortunatly that particular area was fresh in my mind having just been there.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:00 pm

I definitely saw the correllation with Rubicion and the subject of defacing rocks with historical context. You are very correct....Our....sport in general, is at a very tenuous point...IMO.

It is politically....VERY easy to just close and block access, instead of manage it. Unfortunately for OHV'ers....the enemy is VERY organized and well funded. The OHV community is generally fractured and still at this point....has their head in the preverbial sand.

The enemy DOES scan ATV / Jeep sites....they do it on Pirate4x4 and they use it against us. People post "cool" pictures of their rigs off the road....trash...damage...and the enemy, puts them in their powerpoint presentation to the legistlature. GAME OVER. Is it the majority? Absolutely not.....but it gets represented up close and on a big screen to the Barbara Boxers and Feinsteins of the world.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:40 pm

I'm with Chadd... It's one fricken rock. You say you've done many trips to the Rubicon and elsewhere. I'll bet everything I own your mode of transportation created far more damage to the rocks than simply scribing the words Polaras on a rock....

Secondly, in 5000 years when people see the petroglyph... They're certainly going to wonder whether or not the author had his GED. lol..

There's far more important issues..... Let's find one.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:53 pm

The problem isn't any one single event....

If everyone who went to a Indian Petroglyph field...and started writing on rocks....then pretty soon we're all looking at Honda, Yamaha, Polaris, Mike Loves Mary, BC's a DICK, etc on the rocks.....

Instead of going there to enjoy the Indian Petroglyphs, like we intended.

Tread Lightly...is how we have places like this go visit.

Moonrocks, outside of Reno is endanger of being closed, because people are writing names and shit on the rocks. So, in March a huge group of Volunteers, companies, etc....went out one weekend with sand blasters to blast the rocks clean.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:16 pm

petroglyphs are histories grafitti..... I see no difference. Sorry...

Mr. Bill.... Don't do it again..... :wink:

BearCat
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby BearCat » Mon May 01, 2006 9:09 pm

I wonder what the ecological damage Las Vegas had/has on the Nevada environment..Then wonder how many Barbara Boxers and Feinsteins of the world have enjoyed free weekends there?..just a thought.
Lope the cool thing about riding in a large group is, for the most part they are self policing. And, although I have never riden with this group, I can tell you, because I've been here long enough, that they respect the area they ride on. I would probably bump that 99% up to around 99.9%

BC
Polaris' don't leak oil...They Mark Territory!
[img]http://www.execulink.com/~jesten/header.jpg[/img]

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon May 01, 2006 9:57 pm

I can tell you, because I've been here long enough, that they respect the area they ride on. I would probably bump that 99% up to around 99.9%
Thanks BC...... But don't start sucking up now. lol..... Your still a P-nus for making me GQ - Man of the year. roflmao.......

BearCat
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby BearCat » Thu May 04, 2006 9:30 pm

LOL ...Man of the Year!! You love it and we know it.
Ken wrote:The problem isn't any one single event....
If everyone who went to a Indian Petroglyph field...and started writing BC's a DICK, etc on the rocks.....
Frickin Miyagi and his spray can LOL

BC
Polaris' don't leak oil...They Mark Territory!
[img]http://www.execulink.com/~jesten/header.jpg[/img]