Let's the Jokes begin!

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Let's the Jokes begin!

Postby Ken » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:26 pm

Dusty, Kenan and myself went to the Boreal sled races on Saturday. We met Chadd working the pit area....Chadd took me on a brief ride. The 900 RMK he had, possessed amazing power. It was a mega adrenelin rush.

Later in the day, Dusty and I met Bill and Charlie from Adrenelin Powersports in Citrus Heights. So we went on a demo ride on their 600's.

We followed, and went up East Face on a spot was probably too steep for our skill level. I had NO idea how difficult it was to keep sled upright.

Well....as I come up the hill...Dusty is 3rd in position. Dusty falls on his side....so I slow to help him. Only to have my sled fall as well. I'm in the snow when I realize....it's rolling toward me.

I scramble out of the way, but it clips my foot. Both shoes came off in my scramble. When I stood up, I felt my ankle give out....I knew, something was wrong. I told Dusty...I think I broke my ankle.

People start showing up....everyone who shows up...including Chadd who happens to be coming by, start looking for my shoes.

I rode the Sled down to the lodge and to 1st aid. There...the guy on staff, puts me a in cardboard splint for the ride home.

After 3 hours at Sutter Roseville......no broken bones...but possible torn ligaments...more to follow.

I should have stuck to 4 wheels and gone to Mina. :roll:
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

BearCat
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby BearCat » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:48 pm

Wow, here I am waiting for pics from the guys at Mina and you post these. Hope all is good Ken and it doesn't mess with plans to much.I haven't rode sleds much but from what I have I assume theres alot of "Body English" involved.

BC
Polaris' don't leak oil...They Mark Territory!
[img]http://www.execulink.com/~jesten/header.jpg[/img]

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:09 pm

At least it's not broken..lol So I take out terry and Dusty takes out Ken... Heal up the snow is melting..

BTW We won every race today.. Lined up for the the final race Took the holeshot and about half track with at least 5 sled length lead comes over the big double and breaks a belt... Lost it all right there.. Just our luck lol We have one more race on may 6th at Mt Shasta..
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:11 pm

Hey ken i see your not wearing your right shoe??? Maybe we'll go back this summer and find it...LMFAO
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

TomZ
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby TomZ » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:06 am

Ken:

So sorry to hear about your mishap. I see it didn't keep you from snapping photos of the event for posterity's sake. And, your characteristic sense of humor in face of adversity is an inspiration to us all (lol). Hope this doesn't keep you down for too long...
'05 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O., 2.5 ci Warn Winch, PurePolari$ Brush Guard, Ricochet A-Arm Skid Plates, K&N Filter

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:22 am

I hope it doesn't keep me down...like a toe does... #-o

I figure the timing is perfect....the snow is mega deep...I figure worst case is 8 weeks...that's mid-June. Downieville will still have snow til July...
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:08 pm

that sucks about breaking the track . . . tht double looks like it did a few people in on the races this weekend. . .

As for ken. . . he will be back up in no time I am sure, cannot waste a good summer of riding on a healing extremity
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

ACLakey
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby ACLakey » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm

Get well

ontherks

Postby ontherks » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:40 pm

Hey Ken just don't be like Terry and milk this forever, but i don't think thats going to happen. I don't think anyone could milk a bruise out as long as him.

You have to becarefull on the sleds, its alot of work. Can't be lazy and sit down alot, always need to be shifting your weight. About a month ago we were on fordyce lake and I stopped on a hillside to help a guy out and my foot got stuck in the cubby hole and i flew off and spun 180, but my foot stayed 180 the wrong way and messed my knee up. rode the rest of the day. But if I turned a little it hurt, straight it was "ok"
'14 XP4 1k

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:47 pm

Yeah...I learned a lot....I was actually sitting down when it rolled.

So you were riding sleds around Fordyce....does that lake freeze? Larry, Dusty and I saw it in December (way before the late snow hit) and the lake was VERY low.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

dp

Postby dp » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:52 am

Most of the lakes up there freeze. Sledding is quite the adrenaline rush that's for sure. Sounds like you were a fish outta water. If I knew you were going to take to sledding so qiuck I woulda sold you my 900 for a great deal. Get better but don't push it.
'05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI

ontherks

Postby ontherks » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:11 pm

Yeah fordyce freezes over, I was going to post a pic from febuary, I was spinning donuts on it, that time. But don't know how to upload a pic on here.
'14 XP4 1k

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:02 pm

Hmmm. Would have thought Fordyce was too deep to freeze...but I guess when it's really low...it's not all that deep.

To post a picture, if you don't have a server...use a service like Photobucket or Google or Yahoo pictures.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:04 pm

Well...I went to the doctor today.

Same diagnosis....Severe sprain. Keep it immobile and no weight for another week. Then move to another type of brace in a week....wear it for at least a month. Wear brace for any high risk sprain activity for the next 4 months.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:55 am

Having to stay off the ankle sucks. . . nothing is worse than not being able ot do something when you want to. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"