Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:03 pm

Let's see.

Terry ATV Status:
Rolled: At least 3 times...maybe 4.
Damage:
- Destroyed left Foot well (stump)
- Cracked and smashed right foot well (numerous rocks)
- Throttle/AWD assembly (AWD button smashed)
- Air Cleaner box filled with oil
- Numerous scratches on Headlight assembly
- Replaced Headlight module. Cracked during prior roll over, water got inside and wiped out the electronics.
- Failed Brakes (see photo of truck window) due to stump (see left foot well)
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:38 pm

Folks.... I don't have to say anything. All you have to do is BE THERE and experience it first hand. lol..... Thank god for Polaris!!!
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:42 am

Thrasher's ATV status.
mind u i bought this the end of february.

-tipped once
-tumbled once
-1 broken (shredded rear rack)
-1 bent rear rack mount (fixed with a 2x4 bending it back in place)
-1 broken hand guard (afro engineered w/ washers and back in place)
-1 broken right footwell.
-bent left side handlebar
-1 broken right front axle
-1 un-identifiable creak in the front.

-numerous body scratches and some breakage on the left side where the rear body mounts to the footwell (nothing major)

- bent front bumper from smacking a tree on a turn my first time out. (clipped the corner).

my brakes are iffy, gonna work on them when i put the axle in, got new plugs, and also gonnna do a complete fluid change .. AGAIN!

other than that, my polaris has not failed me at all, everything that has gone wrong is due to my...uhh.. l337 0ffr0ad 5k1llz!!!

i think i am gonna shut up now....I can hear the razzing starting up.

at least my ribs don't hurt much anymore.
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:13 am

My Polaris is like my X-girlfriend and her Timex watch.... She takes a licking and keeps on ticking....

Ken, you got about half of it damage.... lol.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:12 am

Hummm, all this talk of the polaris and their damage problems. . .

Dustys stats,

Scraped underpanels
No roll overs

On bad ass mo-fo. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:31 pm

yeah, but if u do roll that thing, i'd hate to be close for the explosion!
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:57 am

Dusty....

It's like your new boat. Gotta put it in the water in order to get it wet... Hello!!

I'll test ride your quad for a day... We'll see how well the Honda stands up to MY scrutiny. LOL..... I'll be gentle... NOT.

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:49 am

that reminds me of a friend of mine, he has a boat, always talks about taking it out...but never does! he tows it around but i've never seen it in the water!!!! a month or so ago they went caping, my buddy don brought his boat out and the johnny (the guy who tows his around)..bought his as well, but it never left the camp spot...

we've come to the conclusion that his boat is merely a trophy and it will NEVER get wet, except maybe when it starts rainging as he ows it around town...heh..

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:40 am

the only thing that was wetter than the boat this past week is the women who look at me and dream. . .

Wold send you all a picture of me skiing behind it, but would not want you to be jealous of how I can ski. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:01 pm

i have a feeling it was more like being dragged behind the boat ;)

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:30 pm

Please, Please Dusty... I need to know.

WTF do these women dream about..... lol.

Dude, I need two things right now.... CLOSURE...

and a good laugh...........

enlighten me..... plz???

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:32 pm

I would like to think they dream about me, but in relaity I know that is not true, it is more that tehy dream about me riding my Honda Naked. . . That should just about give you closure. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:50 pm

i think i need a barf bag..