Fuel Filter I think missing half of line

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Fuel Filter I think missing half of line

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:19 pm

I was taking my batter out of my 600 the other day and I noticed there was a hose coming from around hte gas tank that had only one hose going into it and nothing coming out.

It looks like a fuel filter, except it is clear and does not seem to have any fluid in it. what is this thing. I might have to take a picture to show you what I am talking about
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:24 pm

crankcase breather filter? Take a pic..
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

Pepe
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby Pepe » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:03 pm

Look at the write up Ken did on the Rejeting. Look at the 3rd pic, to the left of kens right hand, a hose going vertical with a filter that looks just like the fule filter. Is that what you are talking about. That is a breather line that goes to the intake side of the carb.

If that is not it then you probably have one of the basket case quads that Polaris accidently released to the public, and you should drop it off at my house asap and I will dispose of it properly. :lol:

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:10 am

I live closer, if it's too far to drop off at Pepe's... :)
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/