Ken...

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Ken...

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:09 am

We definitely have to include Thrasher in our club. Think he has the BUG? lol....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

BTW -

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:11 am

Ken, Your so bald.. I can see what's on your mind. lol....

Heard that on some sitcom last night...
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Re: Ken...

Postby Thrasher » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:01 am

Mr. Miyagi wrote:We definitely have to include Thrasher in our club. Think he has the BUG? lol....
Something bad too!
hrrm, I just read Ken has a Hemi! How u like that thing?
I LOVE MINE!
04 quad SLT, with the 20's, I put on the black sport nose and billet grille, wheel to wheel nerfs, aluminum dash kit, true duals, and a whip ass Alpine/JL/AutoTek stereo setup, and other various goodies :D
chrome and black inside and out.

I went and bought the Polaris a few months afterwards when I didnt have anything to haul around, (ha, ha!). It's my first truck and I had to pick something cool, after going out for a weekend riding a friends blaster (think of a bear on a bike), http://www.thrashed.net/bigscrub . I chose black and silver 600 Sporty to match my truck....haha!
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:34 pm

LOL....Hemi.

I have the 04 Big Horn 4x4 Edition. I go up and down the mountain in the winter...so I have mud/snow tires. All the fancy stuff gets wasted by the sand. But your truck sounds beautiful.

Honestly....I do love the Hemi. However, knowing what I know now...I would have spent the extra 5 grand for a Turbo Diesel. The Diesel does SO MUCH better towing all my crap...I often tow 3 Polaris 700's up from 200 FT above Sea level....to 7200 feet in only 50 miles. The Hemi pulls it just fine....but Diesel would do it without breaking sweat and do it for about 8 MPG better gas mileage.

I'm most likely days away from buying a HUMMER...and I'm NOT making the same mistake twice. Even though the H2 is WAY more luxurious...We're getting an original Hummer with the 6.5 Liter Turbo Diesel.

I'll post a picture when I get it. We test drove them today.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:03 am

I sometimes wish I woulda picked up a 2500, not that I exactly need one...yet, one of those, "just in case" dealies...

the original hummers I think are more of what the Hummer should be..an Urban Assault Vehicle, as I like to call them, while the H2's are nice, I myself would prefer an "H1" as well. (is that what they call em now?).
aren't they bigger too? I see both all over the place around here...hell damn near a bit of everything for that matter..

being from the wonderful flatlands of Florida 200-7200ft above sea level in 50 miles, by the way that was worded, I assume thats steep for that distance or something? (I also have to assume thats 50 miles wrapping around up series of mountains.. pardon my ignorance such stuff, but it really is FLAT here and I have not seen mountains very much)
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:58 am

Yeah...climbing 7000+ feet in 50 miles, means some steep grades.

Yes..H1 is what they now call the original. It's 5" wider than the H2. It's REALLY weird driving, since there's a huge "mound" in the middle and enough "room" for 2 people to sit, between the two chairs.

The good news...the space between 2 chairs, means my kids can't punch each other in the car. :)
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

No Road head

Postby MrPolaris » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:57 am

With the big space it will make it really hard to get road head as well . . . so what is one to do. . .

I acutually prefer the hummers as they are from teh military or mayeb teh H1s, the new H2s transmissions from what I have been told cannot handle the load or size.

I have a friends whos g-pa is selling his H1. he tricked the thing out and then barely drove it. His wife just dies so he is looking to simplify his life and get rid of it. I think the price tag was high though. Last I hear, 2 weeks ago, it was about 125 k for it. I thought it was alot, but then again it is all relative. . . For a software consultant like you ken and working at such a generous company, gag gag, will be a drop in the bucket. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"