ugh..busted an axle!

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Re: Snatch Block

Postby Ken » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:32 pm

Honda_man wrote:Why not just say it is a pully system . . . such technical names. . . you all must be computer nerds in your real jobs. . .
Devil among devils.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Re: Snatch Block

Postby Thrasher » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:55 am

Honda_man wrote:Why not just say it is a pully system . . . such technical names. . . you all must be computer nerds in your real jobs. . .
Hey! I resemble that remark!

oops.

ya caught me..
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:34 am

Most of us are techies.

Dusty, Chad and I are software consultants at PeopleSoft. Terry is jack of all trades, networking, desktops for all the bank branches in Central California for some bank.

The non-techies (and least amount of posts)
Jack works for the City water dept....Larry works for a municiple City services dept. My wife sold her Real Estate publishing business last summer, and is now selling Real Estate. Dan is the owner of Offyourrockers.com
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Other side business

Postby MrPolaris » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:54 am

On the side I am trying to be a man Whore, but for some reason I am not making any money in that area.
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:34 am

I work at a childrens hospital, desktop support, the Ghod of desktop support according to my boss :)

software/hardware/networking...any good jobs in CA that will relocate? :)
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Check out Dice

Postby MrPolaris » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:17 pm

There are lots of jobs like that, or there was last time I was looking. the problem now is you have to deal with the lowered income breed of tech workers, in other words stay out of hte silicon valley (San Jose, Pleaston, . . .) and come up to the foothills. live in the foothillls, work in the valley, best of all worlds. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:48 pm

are they looking for certs or experience? I have many years of experience but not a single cert...have taken many classes, but my work here did not make the certs mandatory, so we never got them....
My past 2 bosses said they prefer experience over paper...I hope the future will bring the same.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Job interests

Postby MrPolaris » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:10 pm

If you have ever worked with software and know a little about technology and ERP software I know that PeopleSoft is hiring 22 new consultants in the west region here. It will allow you to live where ewver you want, just require you to travel monday-thursday and usually have fridays off. . .

If you would like to submit a resume I can always take a look and see if you would be good for this type of position and if some of your back ground would fit. Sometimes the best people are those who can think and have the ability to learn. . . go ahead and send me your resume to kodester78@yahoo.com.
Ken can also give some advice and tell you what he thinks of PeopleSoft as he is in your age group more and can give you better details i am sure of what it is like. For a young pup like me I have a different slanted view I am sure. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:57 pm

Most interesting, and I've heard of PeopleSoft and I know quite a bit about technology...(I'm such a tech goober!)
I have so much computer hardware and software laying around my house it ought to be called 'the shop'.
I have 3 pc's (one is my webserver) and a Mac at my desk here at home :) the other 3 pc's are in the bedroom/kidsroom/tvroom.
(the Mac is there for token reasons, I hate Mac's).

On another note, seems someone jacked one of my emaill addy's to use as a return addy to send out some sick child pron stuff..now's i've been nuked with about 50 bazillion retruned emails so far from bad addresses..on top of the subject matter.....AAIIEE!
Too bad it's not on my domain email addy, it'd be an easy fix..so rules in Outlook will have to do for now..

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:35 am

I hate SPAM. . . I think spammers should have their nuts cut off, or their nipples sand papered off. . . greasy slimy bastards. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:10 pm

Spammers ride Hondas.....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:32 am

it sucks, I disabled my email account i've had the past 7 years because of the spam, i'll enable it again in a few weeks to see what, if anything comes thru , probably no change, but for now, i'll used my own domains email addy. instead of road runners. (it has smart spam filters on the server side with kick ass)

i've had over 5k of returned emails now in under 2 weeks, not including the deluge of spam that has picked up since they did that.

I did install Spambayes that seems to do well with the smart filtering it has, but still, with all the rules I have set in outlook and the the ammount of spam i am being nuked with, it was just easier to disable the addy for now.