Destination Polaris on the Rubicon

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Destination Polaris on the Rubicon

Postby Ken » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:14 am

So, this past week Bebe (from Miyagi), myself, Jeff from Auburn Powersports, Jon Crowley (UTV GUIDE.NET) and some Polaris sales guys took Jared Christie from Destination Polaris on the Rubicon.

We were originally scheduled to ride Tuesday and Wednesday, but rain pushed those plans to Wed/Thursday. Unfortunately, I had to fly on Wednesday evening to Chicago for work with no way out. Jeff, his son Cameron and myself hit the Rubicon on Tuesday evening after work. We stopped in Georgetown and had dinner at the famous Georgetown hotel, and then got to the trail around 9pm. We packed up our stuff and just drove into a campsite just before Gatekeeper. After setting up the tent, we shot the shit and had some beers waiting for tomorrow's ride.

At 8:15, Jon Crowley, Jared and crew arrived. We did our introductions and Mickey the camera guy got his gear together. Jared did a few interviews and around 9:15 we took off. Mickey the camera guy rode with me in the RZR, but quickly realized he would be walking A LOT!

Mickey would be running around from spot to spot...each spot seemingly a better shot than before. By the time we got to the bowl, I spent my time riding around the bowl delivering him to locations to shoot and then rejoining the group to tell them what he wanted us to do. By the time we hit Ellis Creek, it was lunchtime. Dave (Jon's friend) brought the food and it was great. We hung around Ellis for about an hour, where Jared interviewed me on camera for about 30 minutes.

It was 1PM and my flight was at 4:30PM at SMF, so I took off with Jeff from Auburn Powersports. I got back to the car at 1:30 and raced to the airport with 15 min to spare! No sweat!

The rest of the ride they filmed in Little Sluice and around there.....camped out that night...and had a great time.

Look for this show in the Spring of 2014.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Kodiak
Is Totally Obsessed

Re: Destination Polaris on the Rubicon

Postby Kodiak » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:03 pm

SWEET!!!
Angelo

My Business mention ATV Obsession and i will hook you up.
http://www.mygemologist.com
K0HMR
My ATV!!
2006 Kodiak 450
warn 2500 winch, heated hand grips, and full custom skid plates with wrap around steel fender guards :) and 25" Bighorn tires

EigerMike
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby EigerMike » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:57 pm

thats awesome creampuff! :D =D>
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:12 pm

EigerMike wrote:thats awesome creampuff! :D =D>
LOL
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/