Get Your Ham License!!!!!!

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Get Your Ham License!!!!!!

Postby Ken » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 am

This class is designed to take you from zero to HAM radio operator in no time at all. It will be held in the Sacramento Valley area, in El Dorado Hills.

The dates are:

Class: April 20th, 2013, 9:00AM until 5:00PM, with a 1 hour lunch break – in this session, Barb will give you everything you need to know to pass the test…help you through the hard stuff, show you how to study the easy stuff, and where to look for info between classes. You should expect to be in class all day and you’ll learn a ton of stuff! She’ll also give you info on how to study for the test the easy way.

Test: May 11, 2013, 9:00AM until about 2:00PM – in this session, an examiner team will meet you when you arrive. They’ll administer the test, and after you have passed, John will teach you stuff about using your radio in the practical world and give you a bunch of info about getting emergency help, setting up your radio, and using it in the Rubicon as well as general info for other areas. You’ll leave the session with all the tools you need to get started, including a radio, if you want one.

Radios: Once again we will offer a “group buy” price on the Yaesu FT-60 portable radio and/or Yaesu FT-8800 mobile radio. We don’t make any money on this, we’re just trying to get radios into the hands of OHV users. After you sign up, more info will be made available on that. These are the same radios we have offered in the past, and have proven to be durable, practical, easy to program and understand, and work very well.

Cost: The cost for the class is the $15.00 charge for your FCC license…that’s it! I will get prices for the radios as the date gets closer and will put that out via email to those that have signed up.

Book: The book you need is the ARRL Ham Radio License Manual, 2nd edition. It MUST be the most current book (July 1 2010). I believe they are cheapest at Amazon.com. and fastest from Ham Radio Outlet. You MUST have the new (July 1, 2010 or later) version of the book as you won’t be able to follow the class without it AND the questions on the test are different! ISBN: 978-0-87259-097-7

Sign up for the class by emailing me with your name, address, phone number, and preferred email address at John.Arenz@RubiconTrailFoundation.org .
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Ken
Site Admin

Re: Get Your Ham License!!!!!!

Postby Ken » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:07 pm

Don't be scared......

Take the darn class....one day, it could save your life. It's pretty easy to pass.......between the class and taking the tests OVER and OVER online.....you'll walk in and breeze through it.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:23 pm

It's actually a fun hobby too.

Just a thought.
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:09 am

Here's the one people forget all the time.....

How many times have you gone on a trip with other people in the car.....you have NO cell service as you wind through the mountains, you want to talk or need to talk......HAM...hello.....Throw on a 70cm channel....and talk away.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Kodiak
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kodiak » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:44 am

in
Angelo

My Business mention ATV Obsession and i will hook you up.
http://www.mygemologist.com
K0HMR
My ATV!!
2006 Kodiak 450
warn 2500 winch, heated hand grips, and full custom skid plates with wrap around steel fender guards :) and 25" Bighorn tires