Bears

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Bears

Postby Ken » Tue May 11, 2004 5:23 pm

I read this on a Rubicon website....this is EXACTLY my experience. Never even THOUGHT about them before....now all the sudden you do.

I practically live on the trail - for 15 years I have been out there with groups every week from Monday through Thursday. Rarely ever did I see a bear - although I heard them every night. During all those years my camp at Rubicon Springs has been raided only three times. We have never been bothered at Loon, Spider or Buck - that has changed. In June 2001 bears had taken all our food in a camp at Buck Island Lake.
This summer (2002) I hear of daily raids in camp sites along the entire trail. I have bear contact almost every week. Some of the bears are quite large (500 lbs) and pretty scary when they start messing up your truck.
So, from now on you will have to be extra careful with your food supplies. Good news: They don't take beer - yet!.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

bears...

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu May 13, 2004 10:02 am

Easy solution.... Tie your food up high in a tree and/or hang it over a cliff. Otherwise... Don't bring any, don't beg for any and die cold HUNGRY and alone.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Re: bears...

Postby Ken » Thu May 13, 2004 11:33 am

Mr. Miyagi wrote:Don't bring any, don't beg for any and die cold HUNGRY and alone.

Better hope you don't get stuck. :)
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Re: bears...

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:16 am

Mr. Miyagi wrote:Easy solution.... Tie your food up high in a tree and/or hang it over a cliff. Otherwise... Don't bring any, don't beg for any and die cold HUNGRY and alone.
Kind of like the people who do not ride hondas. . . die cold HUNGRY and alone. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"