First Our Trails, Now Our Guns?

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Re: First Our Trails, Now Our Guns?

Postby Mr. Green » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:49 pm

Kendo wrote: We should all get together and head over the border for a shoot 'em up party. I have an AR that I built probably 3 years ago and have never shot. :cry: I'm intrigued by your lower Brian - where did you get that?

id love to go shooting and i bet in the next 1-2 months ill be running up to reno to go shooting again. I need to check and see if / when blm is going to lift restrictions in western nevada for re-active targets (had a hold for fire season). When that lifts i want to head up and try some new toys out.

That lower i won at a 3 gun shooting event that was held for a fund raiser for the placer county sheriffs, If your talking about the funcky grip its to replace the pistol grip so i can use my pre-ban 30 round mags legally.
09 can-am renegade

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:20 am

Mr. Green wrote:haha i got the charge master 1500 as well, rcbs stuff is made 30 miles from my house actually. Dont know if you have it yet but a hand primer system from rcps or who ever really speeds things up if your weighing every single charge on the charge master. I do 20 or so cases with the hand primer then start the charge master, by the time it dispenses i can get about 3 more cases primed, dump it then start priming again as it measures it out. I usualy do about 200 rounds when i single stage, by the end ill have about 120 or so primred and powdered (the rest all primed). so i then put my bullet seating die in and start seating bullets then why im waiting on the charge master (2 per load usually). I hardly single stage reload any more though, ive found some very nice powders i like that meter (feed) well in my dillion dispenser with as little as 0.1 variance. If i get the .308 im looking at ill be single staging rounds again for sure though.

I see you have some light lead loads do you cast bullets? My friend that taught me cast his own but i havent got into that yet, seems like it would take to long.

Once it cools down some again ill plan a trip to reno again to go shooting you should come along.

also so others know sb249 was taking off for this year, theres still a chance they can try tell like the 31st of this month but it should stay away tell next year now.
FYI be prepared for the sb249 to come back in 2013. The guy who was pushing it took it away while we was running for office. Now that we was elected it wil be back. I get a lot of good info from a friend whos brother in the president of california gun owners. I've also heard that the NRA in not going to be fighting as hard for California since our state is such a pain in the ass.
KI6MLH

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:01 pm

looks like ill be heading up to reno for a few days to drink / gamble / snowboard / and shoot around jan 10th or so, just waiting to hear for my friend that lives up there to set his work scheduled for skiing. If any one wants to meet up for a day to go shooting in some cold weather... ill be going out just let me know if your interested and if any day around the 10th will work for ya.
09 can-am renegade

Sasquatch
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Sasquatch » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:38 am

Almost a whole year has past since the thread was started... and at this point I can't even find any .22LR Rimfire ammo to purchase! :?

No Powder

No Primers

No Brass

... sure, you could own 10,000 guns, but if you can not load them, are they not useless!?!?!?! #-o

Trainman41
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby Trainman41 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:33 am

You are right, forget about .22 lr for a long time. I have been stocking up on brass and lead. But still having a hard time with powder. I traded for a pound of my favorite, but it is still scarce. Guns are actually coming back. Our local Sportsmans Warehouse got 50 ar 15s, they are moving their warehouse, and decided to distribute the guns to stores in Utah. I guess you California guys are really suffering, with even more oppressive laws. My neighbor here across the street lives in So Cal, and comes up here monthly. He has an AR 15 here, but he don't take it to So Cal.

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:15 am

I know this is a old post but this is pretty cool.

http://www.slidefire.com/
KI6MLH

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:13 am

ATV'er wrote:I know this is a old post but this is pretty cool.

http://www.slidefire.com/
those are a no go in CA just a heads up.
09 can-am renegade