Burned up,, so some upgrades...

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Burned up,, so some upgrades...

Postby Mr. Green » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:06 pm

http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/pleas ... ine-4.html new stuff starts at post #40

This other forum is where im trying to keep a basic work log, on my renegade. Im sure most of you know i had a issue last time out.
Sadly im still dealing with it... just found out i have the wrong primary clutch.. so looks like 2 more weeks of down time.. its going to be close for my baja trip
whitch by the way is now ruffly from may 27-to june 17th or so and my offer still stands for some one to tag along.

Also if you follow that link you will see that i didnt give any "props" to BLM for healping me out with welding / fab'ing up my hitch, since no one over there knows him anyways. BUT... i'm very thankfull for him for helping me out, asked him to weld 3 or so beads and he comes back with a fully painted grinded smoth product =D> (he even bondoued it so the lines where smother :shock: ). So THANK YOU BLM!!
09 can-am renegade

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Re: Burned up,, so some upgrades...

Postby Mr. Green » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:18 pm

if you cant see the pic's with out joining the forum let me know ill add them here instead.
09 can-am renegade

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:00 pm

That sucks you got the wrong clutch. Hopefully it shows up soon.
KI6MLH

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:30 pm

I was pissed to say the least. but...
When I first called I talked to his secretary I know she wasn’t to savvy on the tech talk I gave her (and that was minimal tech talk). So I some what understand the issue. They machine down the primary some for the XMR cvt cover’s (it’s a thicker plastic so the cvt is thicker etc..). I did mention this to the secretary but never to the main person doing the work etc (Adam). I needed it on short notice (the week of mud nats by the way), and he had one in stock for a can-am renegade with near stock set up for weights so he sent it out. We got mixed up id say. I needed it for a trip ASAP and he got it to me in the time needed but my XMR back cover didn’t come in time. Which turned out to be a god send, since some CVT back covers have being rubbed raw / destroyed. A member of some can-am forums (gotwake) pointed out that XMR back plates always has needed the clutch I ordered milled down. Which is 100 % true (thank u!!) so I called Adam at airdam. About 20 or so calls in 4-6 hours (sadly I can make that type of time). Turns out if I need to and we do some quick test over the phone to see what I have... Well turns out I do have the wrong one.. Thank god I called before install.

My original plan was to demand a refund (upon return of course) and order the qsc (the 2cnd of 3 primaries’ I wanted). Which ive secretly wanted but was un willing to order it since I considered it an untested (which I considered the cvtech to be) and I hate the idea of the spacer to make room for the clutch.
.......well after getting through to a live person..I briefly described my issue (wrong clutch so I thought), she grabs Adam and after some jerry rigging measuring we concluded I have the wrong clutch. He asked when I need it, I said ASAP. So he tells me what I need to tell a machine shop to do to it..Before he’s even done I mention it will be cheaper for me to have him ship one out that’s milled and just return mine etc. He responds ya but if u need it in a day or 2 and he is to cover the machine shops cost... (I secretly smile this is how to treat a customer). I let him know I don’t need it in a day or 2 since my last trip was canceled do to the xmr back plate being on backorder but I’m not happy. I’m sending it back tomorrow and calling him with tracking info etc, I’m unsure still on what course I’m going to try to take, refund /qsc or let it play through. I’m just freaked since ill be in a Mexico where I cant get parts / help for anything so cant afford a mistake also it will cost me X2 minimum to drive there with my atv, not to mention in time lost driving vs flying.

Well after talking to Adam I feel its only just and fair for me to let him remedy the issue before I even attempt the refund issue ( the mix up was very understandable), and he was willing to pay the cost to have independent machine shop mill the fins down (which ultimately made my mind up). So lets see…. If I pay over 1k extra to drive down there and back (over flying) and add lost $ for work missed for the extra time spent driving.. I almost want to order the 1 of the other 2 clutches just to make sure I have a back up.
09 can-am renegade

EigerMike
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby EigerMike » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:17 pm

dang brian thats to bad about the wrong part! :( should have called me if all you needed was the fins milled down , just so happens i could have helped with the machineing. sounds like they are trying to help :)

bondo , is this some new form of welding :?:
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

blm510
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby blm510 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:07 am

EigerMike wrote: bondo , is this some new form of welding :?:
Theirs not enough Bondo in that to fill THIMBLE . If I would have had more time I would have used 7018 and filled and sanded a little more.

B
07 Brute Force 750

EigerMike
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby EigerMike » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:41 pm

blm510 wrote:If I would have had more time I would have used 7018 and filled and sanded a little more.

and then what ? finish it off with some more bondo #-o

:lol:
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Tue May 24, 2011 11:39 am

Take the speakers off of it, drive a 2011 Polaris 850 XP under them, reattach. Problem solved. :)
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Tue May 24, 2011 11:43 am

I could have machined it for you too. Just so you know......
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:49 pm

thanks for the offer's guys should have just done local, but to late now.

The new clutchs had there first true test today and they where great.. but i admit id say thats about any set of clutchs that got me back out riding agian.
Ill be pulling on my cover after 1 more short run on Friday. Then do a longer run Sat. I almost forgot how much fun it is to blast up wash's around here. From a seat of the pants feel id say my 0-50 was vastly improved. Cant say for sure about anything over 50, havent had a chanceto get to much above that, and i cant look down to read the guage when riding in the wash over 50 to well, since it scares me to take my eyes off the rocks.
09 can-am renegade