My new ATV hauling rig!

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

BruteForce
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby BruteForce » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:54 am

QMaze wrote: With that rig ,you must be big on the whole RV/camping lifestyle. I grew up RV'ing through the US and theres just something addicting about it.
I try to get out at least once/week. In my line of work, it's what I need to de-stress and remain sane.

Although I'm only 40, the wife and I already have plans to become full-time RV'ers after our kids have moved out (youngest is still only 11).

We've been just about everywhere so far, even driven up and stayed a week in Vancouver Island (BC) via a Ferry, down into Texas, and most of the western US.
2013 Sportsman XP 850 (Browning Edition) FI/EPS/LE
2005 & 2008 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i

Rider has ferocious attitude!

My blog site: http://utahbruteforce.com

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:44 am

Wow, that's AWESOME!!! Too bad you're pulling it with a Ford. :lol:

You'll have to update us after the first trip and how well you do over some of the foothills and mountains. 14k is no joke, and once you get a couple of quads, fuel and water in that thing, it's gonna be H E A V Y. :shock:
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:56 pm

Brute.......Hows the truck doing....pulling...stoping????ride....fuel
DAVE

Brute 750 Camo... 26'' MUDLITE XTR'S... Ramsey 3000 w/remote...eXplorist 400... Mair handguards... FlightCare Member

ontherks
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby ontherks » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:51 pm

[quote="Kendo"]Wow, that's AWESOME!!! Too bad you're pulling it with a Ford. :lol:

Looks like a newer dodge to me.

Should pull that trailer just fine. Loaded truck and trailer mine was just shy of 28k lbs. Stock the 07 dodge would pull the hills about 5 mph faster than the 06 ford did.
Ford got about 5-6 mpg the dodge 6-7mpg. Braking was the same, 3 axles with brakes you could stop just fine.

Nice looking setup BTW Bruteforce
'14 XP4 1k

BruteForce

Postby BruteForce » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:35 am

Kendo wrote:Wow, that's AWESOME!!! Too bad you're pulling it with a Ford. :lol:

You'll have to update us after the first trip and how well you do over some of the foothills and mountains. 14k is no joke, and once you get a couple of quads, fuel and water in that thing, it's gonna be H E A V Y. :shock:
Ford? Nope. Ram 3500 Mega Cab Dually.

GCVWR on our last trip was around 28k pounds with the trailer being 16k of that weight.

BruteForce

Postby BruteForce » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:36 am

DAVE wrote:Brute.......Hows the truck doing....pulling...stoping????ride....fuel
First trip I loaded up the trailer as heavy as I could. Full tank of water (100 gal), full tank of Toy Fuel (30 gal, I think), 3 x ATV's, and all our gear.

Got 8-9mpg, but never dropped slower than the posted speed limit, even on big climbs.

Brakes and P3 brake controller did very well. I was surprised how much braking the Jake Brake and Tow/Haul mode offer. Hardly had to use the brakes as the engine (Jake) brake and Tow/Haul (transmission) did most of the stopping.