Track Question

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

ToddW
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Track Question

Postby ToddW » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Those of you who just went into Spyder Lake on tracks... do either of you have an EFI 800 ? If so did you use 1 entire tank to get in there ? More / Less or what ?

Trying to judge my distance on tracks vs. tires with this engine combo. I know it will be less but how much.. let me know ;)

I need to order up some of those flat gas tanks, and move my storage to the rear for winter I guess :D

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Ken has a 800 and I have a 700. Ken could have rode from the car to spider and back. I used alot more fuel tham ken but I was out messing around and trying to drive up small hill climbs and was in the trottle alot. If you run it in High Range is burns up fuel alot faster. But if you just cruise its not so bad. I would definatly bring extra fuel just in case.
KI6MLH

ToddW
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby ToddW » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:07 pm

ATV'er wrote:Ken has a 800 and I have a 700. Ken could have rode from the car to spider and back. I used alot more fuel tham ken but I was out messing around and trying to drive up small hill climbs and was in the trottle alot. If you run it in High Range is burns up fuel alot faster. But if you just cruise its not so bad. I would definatly bring extra fuel just in case.
Good to know.

Did you run in low or high most of the trip ?

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Mostly low range. 1/2 of the ride we were making first tracks with a couple feet of powder. I could run in high range on the road where the 4x4 had packed it down or going down hills.
KI6MLH