Snow, I am ready!

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

ToddW
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Snow, I am ready!

Postby ToddW » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:41 am

The new toys:)

Yeah the wife wasn't too happy about them in the house ;) But it was starting to rain, and my garage was fully blocked :shock: I guess I was lucky we have not re-done the floors yet, haha.

Install Kit:

So any tips/tricks on installing these bad boys :twisted:

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:40 pm

They look great.

If you have the directions its not to bad.
Put the tracks on first then put the mounting brackets.

After you put them on for the first time it gets alot easier each time.

Let Ken or I know if you have any problems.
KI6MLH

ToddW

Postby ToddW » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:49 pm

Thanks!

Weather Service was wrong.
It's snowing on and off already mixed with rain... dropped 14 degrees in the last 2 hours. It's 38 now, windy, and snowing on and off; as soon as sun sets I have a feeling it`ll all be snow.

:shock:

ToddW

Postby ToddW » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:34 pm

The large anti-rollover bolts, the ones next to bushing... do you just snug those up?

My manual stops @ page 5, not that I have used it really at all..

The pics posted are pretty much what I went by, and the anti-rollover assemblies were already installed on the tracks. I did remove them completely, and assemble on A-Arm, then hook them back up.

I`m pretty sure just adjust the inner nut for length between track and a-arm, and then install, and snug up that one and the one in front.

My first track is on!

ToddW

Postby ToddW » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:44 pm

All on, and ready to go.

Took a lil spin around in the rain and dirt... steering is very hard in low in 2wd, as you go faster its easier, in 4wd its def easier but not near as easy as tires. The tracks def want to grab and go, and I have a nice bolt mark on my knee from the steering wheel turning as I was going up a hill with my legs up to keep out of the muck.. haha.

Looking forward to real snow :D

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:55 am

Thats awesome,

I know on my Tatou 4s track you can change the caster angle by adjusting the front tension springs.
KI6MLH

auendave

Postby auendave » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:45 am

I agree that is awesome hpe you have a great time riding on them, I am very envious :lol:

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:56 pm

Im sure Ken and I will go out again soon as this weater blows through. If we get a break in the weather this weekend would be perfect but we will have to see.

We were talking about heading to fordyce or up signal peak. When we decide to ride we will post it.

Im not sure how much your into camping but ken and I are planning on doing some snow camping this year.
KI6MLH

ToddW

Postby ToddW » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:06 pm

ATV'er wrote:Im sure Ken and I will go out again soon as this weater blows through. If we get a break in the weather this weekend would be perfect but we will have to see.

We were talking about heading to fordyce or up signal peak. When we decide to ride we will post it.

Im not sure how much your into camping but ken and I are planning on doing some snow camping this year.
Sounds good, I`ll watch the forum for your trips. This weekend I have plans however. As far as camping, I`m down for some winter camping, let me know what you have in mind and I`ll see if I`m available. Business is crazy right now, so I may not be able relatively soon.

I`m hoping the storm brings some snow down to my house this week so I can test :D If not I may have to cruise up WWS to it ;)