Paynes Creek 2017

Ken
Site Admin

Re: New Member...Check in

Postby Ken » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:44 am

Scrammy wrote:I stumbled upon your site a few days ago
Don't hurt yourself!! :)

Post pics...we love pictures.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Scrammy
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby Scrammy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:08 am

I will definitely post up some pictures of my rides. Hopefully going riding next week. I just purchased a new GoPro camera and still learning how to use it. I made a little sample clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3z9eefMCQc

I planned on making a big movie out of this ride, but it was the first ride with the new camera and I left it strapped to the handle bars the whole time. After about a minute of video, the rough trails make you sick lol Next ride will be better. This is also what most of Tahuya State Forest looks like. Learned the need for a very well sealed belt case on this ride #-o

05pwrstrk

Postby 05pwrstrk » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:49 pm

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

You don't know how happy I am I stumbled across ATV obsession on Pirate. The main reason I am so happy is because.... I don't have anyone to ride with. So let me introduce myself. My name is Brian and last June I purchased my first Quad. I bought a 2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 SRA. It had 175 hours, 525 miles, a WARN winch, snow plow, enclosed cab thing, and 2" trailer hitch. I bought it because my wife and I purchased a little cabin up on Hwy 88 in the Pioneer area and I was tired of carrying all of the burn pile stuff in a wheel barrow. So, being the mastermind I am(not), I spoke with my wife about getting "something" to help out around the property and what better tool than a Quad. Hey...why not right?? I could use it to carry burn pile stuff on the property with the little trailer I have, and take it for a spin when I had free time. Brilliant idea and she was cool with it. This 650 is way more than I was looking for but there is no way in h*** I was going to turn it down. The guy I bought it from never rode it on the dirt. All he used it for was a snow plow on his paved driveway and the occasional run down to the mail box. To say the least it was really clean. I have taken it out a few times to Frank Raines, Carnegie, and Hollister. Hollister was great, Carnegie was cool, Frank Raines was boring. So anyways I'm dying to get out and ride on a FS trail.

Oh a little more history about my self. I am an avid 4 wheeler. I do own a 76 Jeep CJ7 and I've been a member of my Jeep club for 10 years now. I'm a member of CORVA, Blue Ribbon, and Cal4Wheel. I volunteer with FOTR/RTF on their work weekends. My wife and I have made it to the RTF Black Tie and Boots dinner for the last 3 years in a row. Lot of fun if anyone is interested. So that is about it for now.

Thank you. Brian

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:16 pm

Welcome Brian! Yeah, the quad can be really useful - I use it to plow and yank stuff around the yard, when I'm not out riding it. Good idea you have for hauling up in Pioneer - any excuse for more wheels and motors eh!

You must know Ken from the FOTR/RTF, right?

Anyway, hope to see you on a ride sometime.
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

05pwrstrk

Postby 05pwrstrk » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:27 pm

hemingray wrote:Welcome Brian! Yeah, the quad can be really useful - I use it to plow and yank stuff around the yard, when I'm not out riding it. Good idea you have for hauling up in Pioneer - any excuse for more wheels and motors eh!

You must know Ken from the FOTR/RTF, right?

Anyway, hope to see you on a ride sometime.
Small world. I was just reading a thread about rear rack bags and you were the person that began the post. So which bag did you end up with?? Or what are you using now?

Yes...any excuse for another set of wheels. I actually thing my wife will be into this a little. Maybe I can find her a clean little quad sometime.

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:35 pm

I got the American Trails bag from Montana Jack's - http://www.montanajacks.com/americantrailscargobag.aspx Still like it too, no issues so far. I have a tool box up front to hold all the hardware - cable, rope, tools and so on, and use the soft bag for emergency gear, first aid kit, radios, maps, etc. etc.

We have two quads - one for my wife, but she rarely rides so I alternate using them.

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05pwrstrk

Postby 05pwrstrk » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:45 pm

hemingray wrote:I got the American Trails bag from Montana Jack's - http://www.montanajacks.com/americantrailscargobag.aspx Still like it too, no issues so far. I have a tool box up front to hold all the hardware - cable, rope, tools and so on, and use the soft bag for emergency gear, first aid kit, radios, maps, etc. etc.

We have two quads - one for my wife, but she rarely rides so I alternate using them.
Are there inside pockets or compartments? The moutainjacks website doesn't exactly show the important parts.

Yeah I'm sure my wife would be the fair weather rider too. Thats ok. Again, the more wheels the better. 8)

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:19 pm

I posted some pix on my original thread about the bags - it's here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3184&p=37141#p37141

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EigerMike

Postby EigerMike » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:32 pm

wellcome aboard! this is a great site with good people. check out the going riding fourm and your wellcome to join any of my adventures and they usally do turn out to be adventures! #-o
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

05pwrstrk

Postby 05pwrstrk » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:18 pm

EigerMike wrote:wellcome aboard! this is a great site with good people. check out the going riding fourm and your wellcome to join any of my adventures and they usally do turn out to be adventures! #-o
Looking forward to putting some hours on my ride. Thank you.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:08 pm

05pwrstrk wrote:HELLO EVERYONE!!!

You don't know how happy I am I stumbled across ATV obsession on Pirate. The main reason I am so happy is because.... I don't have anyone to ride with. So let me introduce myself. My name is Brian and last June I purchased my first Quad. I bought a 2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 SRA. It had 175 hours, 525 miles, a WARN winch, snow plow, enclosed cab thing, and 2" trailer hitch. I bought it because my wife and I purchased a little cabin up on Hwy 88 in the Pioneer area and I was tired of carrying all of the burn pile stuff in a wheel barrow. So, being the mastermind I am(not), I spoke with my wife about getting "something" to help out around the property and what better tool than a Quad. Hey...why not right?? I could use it to carry burn pile stuff on the property with the little trailer I have, and take it for a spin when I had free time. Brilliant idea and she was cool with it. This 650 is way more than I was looking for but there is no way in h*** I was going to turn it down. The guy I bought it from never rode it on the dirt. All he used it for was a snow plow on his paved driveway and the occasional run down to the mail box. To say the least it was really clean. I have taken it out a few times to Frank Raines, Carnegie, and Hollister. Hollister was great, Carnegie was cool, Frank Raines was boring. So anyways I'm dying to get out and ride on a FS trail.

Oh a little more history about my self. I am an avid 4 wheeler. I do own a 76 Jeep CJ7 and I've been a member of my Jeep club for 10 years now. I'm a member of CORVA, Blue Ribbon, and Cal4Wheel. I volunteer with FOTR/RTF on their work weekends. My wife and I have made it to the RTF Black Tie and Boots dinner for the last 3 years in a row. Lot of fun if anyone is interested. So that is about it for now.

Thank you. Brian

Welcome!!! Do I know you Brian? Did I meet you at Black Tie??
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

05pwrstrk

Postby 05pwrstrk » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Ken wrote:
05pwrstrk wrote:HELLO EVERYONE!!!

Thank you. Brian

Welcome!!! Do I know you Brian? Did I meet you at Black Tie??
Uhhh.... I don't know if I met you. I'm good with faces but crappy with names. I met a lot of new people this year that weren't at last years event. Where were you seated??

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:59 am

05pwrstrk wrote:Uhhh.... I don't know if I met you. I'm good with faces but crappy with names. I met a lot of new people this year that weren't at last years event. Where were you seated??
I was standing in the middle, back. I'm one of the RTF directors...so I was the bald guy wearing Tail Tux with Camo Snow boots...I was sitting next to Tim Greene if you know him.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

05pwrstrk

Postby 05pwrstrk » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:36 am

Ken wrote:
05pwrstrk wrote:Uhhh.... I don't know if I met you. I'm good with faces but crappy with names. I met a lot of new people this year that weren't at last years event. Where were you seated??
I was standing in the middle, back. I'm one of the RTF directors...so I was the bald guy wearing Tail Tux with Camo Snow boots...I was sitting next to Tim Greene if you know him.
Hi Ken.

Yeah.... camo snow boots and a Tail tux are not ringing a bell. As for my wife and I we were to the left as you walked through the front door. We were back in the bleachers section. :mrgreen: Close to where the servers brought the food from. There were some fun tables back there. Well anyways I'm sure I've run into you somewhere in all the times I've volunteered with FOTR/RTF. Looking forward to some more volunteer trips this season. Although my time has been limited with volunteering because of the cabin remodel. But I still do what I can. I am itching to put some miles on my quad. I have relatives in Elko NV. They have quads and have told me, "Come on out!". They say we could ride all day and not see the same territory. Awesome.....

B-