New Member...Check in

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Joeyy
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Re: New Member...Check in

Postby Joeyy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:30 am

Think I'll go to Eddie Bauer today and purchase some teal shorts.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:53 am

Joeyy wrote:Think I'll go to Eddie Bauer today and purchase some teal shorts.
That's the spirit.

The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Joeyy

Postby Joeyy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Looking at all the odd places you guys get your quads into...so I finally installed my winch in preparation. Only took two beers and one borrowed tool from the neighbor.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Sasquatch
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Sasquatch » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Joeyy wrote:Hello, just located this site today. It looks well organized and active. I've only been riding for a year. It would be fun to get out and ride with a group and attend some gatherings.
Welcome to the madness, that is ATVOBSESSION, glad to have you join us! Mark the Miyagi trip down on your calander... I can think of no better place to break you in! :D

Joeyy

Postby Joeyy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:42 am

Didn't say anything about my ride. It's a Polaris 550 Touring. Only mod is my winch. Next will be a Dusty Dawg rack for my buddy Gauge to ride in. Guess I should also add a flat fuel container for the long rides you all go on. Maybe tires in the fall as it gets damp again.

Kodiak
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kodiak » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:53 am

Welcome to the board Joey,
i would also highly recommend as some point in the near future some sort of skid system.
depending on how much you love the rocks, and your machine will excel in the rocks, i would recommend steel or aluminum skid plates. the stock plastic lasts between 1/2 and 2 Rubicon trips :twisted:
Angelo

My Business mention ATV Obsession and i will hook you up.
http://www.mygemologist.com
K0HMR
My ATV!!
2006 Kodiak 450
warn 2500 winch, heated hand grips, and full custom skid plates with wrap around steel fender guards :) and 25" Bighorn tires

Joeyy

Postby Joeyy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Yep, been watching video from your trips. Guess you would call me a bouldering virgin. Looks ruff on the machines.

Kodiak
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kodiak » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:19 pm

there is no way around it is. but smart use of the throttle and the right line definitely minimizes the carnage.

for example if you attack rocks like tim cameron you are gonna break parts!
Angelo

My Business mention ATV Obsession and i will hook you up.
http://www.mygemologist.com
K0HMR
My ATV!!
2006 Kodiak 450
warn 2500 winch, heated hand grips, and full custom skid plates with wrap around steel fender guards :) and 25" Bighorn tires

PentiumJen
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby PentiumJen » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for letting me and the jack russells tag along this weekend on the Mr. Miyagi run. It sure was a long day but got to see some beautiful country. Oh and thanks to Ken for the info on the Calstar discount. I got my membership submitted today. Hope to see you all on rides in the future.
Jen

Sasquatch
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Sasquatch » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Jen, it was nice meeting you, glad you could join us!

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:41 pm

PentiumJen wrote:Hi Everyone,
Thanks for letting me and the jack russells tag along this weekend on the Mr. Miyagi run. It sure was a long day but got to see some beautiful country. Oh and thanks to Ken for the info on the Calstar discount. I got my membership submitted today. Hope to see you all on rides in the future.
Jen

Thanks Jen for coming along being a good sport about it....Wait till you see the route GOING...compared to coming back....obviously won't be a big surprise, as one too 4.5 and the other 90 minutes or so. But it was still...OMG when I saw it.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi Jen, it was great to meet you and your Dad - I keep saying we don't have enough Daves here!! ;-)

I almost wanted to apologize to you guys for the length of the ride - what an intro to the group! I have to say though, was was a very cool route and I have a lot of new waypoints for exploring. Hope to ride with you and your dad again!
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

EigerMike
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby EigerMike » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:53 pm

wellcome jen, i remember seeing those dogs very nice setup you have!
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

PentiumJen

Postby PentiumJen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:01 am

Ken wrote: Thanks Jen for coming along being a good sport about it....Wait till you see the route GOING...compared to coming back....obviously won't be a big surprise, as one too 4.5 and the other 90 minutes or so. But it was still...OMG when I saw it.
[/quote]

I took a look at the way point file Dave emailed to my dad. OMG is right! The ride sure made for some good stories with my coworkers yesterday. 8)

PentiumJen

Postby PentiumJen » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:06 am

hemingray wrote:Hi Jen, it was great to meet you and your Dad - I keep saying we don't have enough Daves here!! ;-)

I almost wanted to apologize to you guys for the length of the ride - what an intro to the group! I have to say though, was was a very cool route and I have a lot of new waypoints for exploring. Hope to ride with you and your dad again!

Hi Dave - at least the Dave name thing makes it easier to remember people's names and gives me a good shot at getting it right on the first try, lol. Thanks for emailing the waypoint file to my dad. What camera were you using this weekend? Your photos came out great! And I'm looking forward to more rides.