New Member...Check in

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

ontherks
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby ontherks » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:13 pm

Sand and whoops are fun. Actually Iam going to go to sand mtn next weekend. Just have to take the right toys. Taking the long travel sand rail, RZR and banshee.
'14 XP4 1k

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:51 pm

I have some ITP dune stars that will fit your rzr that I am selling. Only been used once and has new douglas rims too.

ontherks

Postby ontherks » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:47 am

Thanks, But I have a set of 4 on the Spyder rims that I had bought for the first RZR I had. They worked ok and are pretty tough, but they are too narrow for 4wds.
'14 XP4 1k

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:40 pm

Running the right pressure is key for those tires to work best

ontherks

Postby ontherks » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:17 pm

I know all about tire pressures. I've had rockcrawlers, have a sand drag atv, sandrail etc.
Still does not change the fact that the ITP dune stars and too narrow, and not the ideal tire for sand. Yeah you can let alot of air out and get them to work ok. They should work decent in firm sand.
Floatation is the key in soft sand.
'14 XP4 1k

rooster80
Wears Teal Eddie Bauer clothes

Help i'm out of touch!!

Postby rooster80 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:51 am

Ok so i have a joyner 650cc sand spider love the style need more power. I bought it while i was home on my 15 days leave from Iraq. road it up at royal blue fell in love with the buggy. the only complant i have is power and the clutch. please help with ideas and places to check. still over in iraq will be home around the first of the year.AND LOOKING FOR THE BEST TRAIL TO TAKE WIFE ON A CAMPING TRIP AND TRAIL RIDE FOR A WEEK.[/b]
Ready to Ride, Currently deployed overs seas in Iraq with the 101st ABN. Im a Staff Sergent in the 502nd Infantry.

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:19 am

Welcome to the Board. Thank you for your service over in Iraq. There are alot of great trails around here. I will do some brain storming and I sure everyone else will have many good ideas too.

traildad
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Re: Help i'm out of touch!!

Postby traildad » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:15 pm

rooster80 wrote:Ok so i have a joyner 650cc sand spider love the style need more power. I bought it while i was home on my 15 days leave from Iraq. road it up at royal blue fell in love with the buggy. the only complant i have is power and the clutch. please help with ideas and places to check. still over in iraq will be home around the first of the year.AND LOOKING FOR THE BEST TRAIL TO TAKE WIFE ON A CAMPING TRIP AND TRAIL RIDE FOR A WEEK.[/b]
Are you looking for a place to ride around the first of the year? There are a lot of great places to ride up around Truckee but they will be snowed in until around July. :cry:
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"

Norcalbmxer

Re: Help i'm out of touch!!

Postby Norcalbmxer » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:39 am

traildad wrote:
rooster80 wrote:Ok so i have a joyner 650cc sand spider love the style need more power. I bought it while i was home on my 15 days leave from Iraq. road it up at royal blue fell in love with the buggy. the only complant i have is power and the clutch. please help with ideas and places to check. still over in iraq will be home around the first of the year.AND LOOKING FOR THE BEST TRAIL TO TAKE WIFE ON A CAMPING TRIP AND TRAIL RIDE FOR A WEEK.[/b]
Are you looking for a place to ride around the first of the year? There are a lot of great places to ride up around Truckee but they will be snowed in until around July. :cry:
I think thats would be a long drive for him is he is in fact from TN :)

crazy86
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby crazy86 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:07 pm

hello all. new here. from kentucky. lookin for some help with my atv and found this place. seems to be a great place for information.

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:36 am

crazy86 wrote:hello all. new here. from kentucky. lookin for some help with my atv and found this place. seems to be a great place for information.
Welcome crazy86
What you riding?
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

madmin

New guy

Postby madmin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:39 am

First post, hi all. I don't ride a whole bunch, just up around Butte Meadows and the High Lakes. A friend has a place there and lets me keep my ATV in his garage. I had a 2003 Arctic Cat 500 which got totalled first trip out this year. So I bought my friend's Sportsman 500 last week.

Mike

Ken
Site Admin

Re: New guy

Postby Ken » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:06 am

madmin wrote:I had a 2003 Arctic Cat 500 which got totalled first trip out
First of all....welcome.

Secondly, It's all BS without pics. :)

Just kidding.....sounds like that was a bad accident to total an ATV...they're pretty tough.

Now that's you've ridden both.....what's your opinion?
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

madmin

Postby madmin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:16 pm

Bent/cracked the frame, broke the front suspension, bent the wheel...

Kid came around a blind corner on a sport quad, locked up and gave me a pretty good whacking. I never did like the stability of the AC, felt tippy, but had good clearance and sufficient power for an old fart like myself.

Can we go outside and play yet?

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:22 pm

Wow.

He didn't go flying into you??
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/