New Member...Check in

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:29 pm

Yeah...Bill. Most of us have Polaris....there's a few other brands scattered here and there.....see....everyone, from every brand....get shit flipped their way....just in general.....

It could be widgets, golf clubs, gun brands....it wouldn't matter.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

BillATV
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby BillATV » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:15 pm

Ken,

Actually I'm a Polaris fan. My son in Flagstaff has a Sportman 700. He's the reason I bought the new Rincon. I had a Honda Rancher 350 ES and I was perfectly happy until he came to visit, brought his Polaris, and let me ride it. Until then, I didn't realize that an ATV could be that comfortable. I thought you were supposed to bounce over everything. I figured out that the independent suspension made the big difference. Various reasons, unimportant, why I chose the Rincon. But I'm quite satisfied with it.

My riding tends to be on the gentle side compared to what I see you guys doing in your Rubicon/Fordyce pictures. But I enjoy looking at them. Maybe I can tag along some time.

As for getting grief about one thing or another, I don't need to join this board to get that. I'm already married (just kidding dear). Meanwhile, Chadd, I'm here to back you up as a Honda Man. (Don't let my Yamaha motorcycle see this.)

Anyway, glad to be here.

Bill
Bill
2012 Polaris 850 HO
Cool, CA

WillRide
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby WillRide » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:25 pm

Bill,
I like your attitude. Some of these guys may appear to be snobs, but they are just having a little fun. I like Hondas in general. I've been tempted to buy a new Rincon just so I could be Honda Guy, but my finances are currently tied up in my collection of other toys.
Welcome and have fun.
--Will
--Will
'15 RZR S 900 eps (oh yes I did!)
'02 Yamaha Raptor

wojo342

Postby wojo342 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:08 pm

I own two Polaris machines...I am in the market for a new one though...for my wife. I am really interested in the Grizzly or Honda with power steering. She has Rheumatoid Arthritis and really struggles wrestling around the Sportsman. Anyone out there have a preference? I rode a friend's Grizzly and it was sweeeeeet.
Four Wheeler Fanatic

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:08 pm

wojo342 wrote:I own two Polaris machines...I am in the market for a new one though...for my wife. I am really interested in the Grizzly or Honda with power steering. She has Rheumatoid Arthritis and really struggles wrestling around the Sportsman. Anyone out there have a preference? I rode a friend's Grizzly and it was sweeeeeet.
Personally? After seeing GrizzlyGuy's....I'd say Yamaha Grizzly. I was impressed, overall. The powersteer seems to work well.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:10 pm

BillATV wrote:As for getting grief about one thing or another, I don't need to join this board to get that. I'm already married (just kidding dear).
ROFL...And just like a wife....the grief comes with love.

Bill....You can tag along anytime. We just ran the Fordyce today....I usually try to go on Friday...it's calm, not crowded.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

BillATV

Postby BillATV » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:57 pm

Ken,

Yes, I would like to tag along some time. Although I must confess that looking at some of the pctures from you and others makes me doubt I would tackle some of those trails. I was up at Fordyce Lake on the 24th, but I used Rattlesnake rather than the Fordyce trail. I also popped over to Lake Sterling. Nothing difficult, just riding around. Yesterday I was up at Verdi Peak, Stampede, Dog Valley, and the area. Chilly but great. Nobody around.

Bill
Bill
2012 Polaris 850 HO
Cool, CA

bighorn
Wears Teal Eddie Bauer clothes

Postby bighorn » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:19 pm

Hey, new here. Looks like a great site and from what ive seen of the mm videos, you guys do some sweet riding. My favortie type of riding is low gear and diff locked out. Keep it up guys
04 prairie 360 4x4
full ricochet skids
hand guards
warn winch
kolpin fuel pack
mudlights
extra lights
etc....

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:54 am

Welcome...we have few Ohio guys on here....you're not alone.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Elheffe24

Postby Elheffe24 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:32 am

Very cool site!!! I am just South of you guys in amador county, I get over to the Con every once in awhile and have Fordyce on the to do list. We have a trip to the Dewsey-Ershim planned for next summer. I do alot of riding on the Pardoe trial (I think you have it listed as Pioneer trail). Also Deer Valley out of Blue Lakes is a good day trip ride it goes from Blue Lakes(off of HWY 88 ) to Hwy 4. Hope to see you guys out on the trails-Jeff
2006 Brute Force 750, HMF Utility, Copperhead CDI, 26" Bighorns,

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:19 am

Welcome!

Volcano....driven through there. Blinked...and missed it. ;)

We did the Dusy-Ershim in 2005. It's not as hard as the Rubicon, but it's long and exhausting. 3.5 gallons extra isn't enough to do it all and back.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Elheffe24

Postby Elheffe24 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:49 pm

Nice small little town a bar and a couple of bed and breakfasts thats it. So a flat pack won't do it on the Dusy Ershim, any other tips for that ride? Also how do you guys know when you can get through on Fordyce is their a place to check for flows? Thanks-Jeff

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:24 pm

Nope. Flat pack won't do it. It's 33 miles! That's 66 round trip. Also..plan on being in SHAPE....ride a lot before you go...lots of rock crawling. The trail is EXHAUSTING. Your arms and head (from the weight of the helmet) will be the worst.

We went from the reservoir to Ershim Lake, that's 22 miles each way...44 miles total. The trail isn't particularly hard, except for Thompson Hill...but there's no real breaks....it's non-stop and no chances to really go fast.

Here's a thread with our Google Earth kmz
viewtopic.php?t=1183

We left Friday...got to Ershim at 11PM....exhausted. Getting back on the bike on Saturday to collect wood, was a chore. We filled up with our flat packs, and went back on Sunday. There's no way, we could have gone the additional 11 miles to the end, and 11 miles back, and still gone 22 miles back to the start.

There are some pictures and videos on the site.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

zkeys
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby zkeys » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:32 pm

bighorn wrote:Hey, new here. Looks like a great site and from what ive seen of the mm videos, you guys do some sweet riding. My favortie type of riding is low gear and diff locked out. Keep it up guys
Glad to see Ohio and Kawasaki slowly taking this site over! :D Where in Ohio are you from Bighorn?
06 Brute Force 650 SRA Green
Dynatek CDI
26" Mud Lite XL's on ITP Series 4

Elheffe24

Postby Elheffe24 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:34 pm

Thanks Ken, very good info. I was checking out some of your mapsend plots and google earth stuff, that is very cool. I can't imagine carrying two flat packs in for gas I get kinda of irritated with just the one on the racks.