Cowboys from Hell....on ATV Tracks

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:22 pm

ATV'er wrote:I think I'm gonna get the new ones. The prospector pro. There longer and geared better. They are there newest version.

No link....I say BS...LOL
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:32 am

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:08 am

ATV'er wrote:I think I'm gonna get the new ones. The prospector pro. There longer and geared better. They are there newest version.
Geared better...............how.......higher / lower ??????? faster top speed/ better fuel econo?????

Looks like there are some nice used sleds for under $3500
DAVE

Brute 750 Camo... 26'' MUDLITE XTR'S... Ramsey 3000 w/remote...eXplorist 400... Mair handguards... FlightCare Member

Norcalbmxer
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Norcalbmxer » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:52 pm

DAVE wrote:
Geared better...............how.......higher / lower ??????? faster top speed/ better fuel econo?????

Looks like there are some nice used sleds for under $3500
Ever heard of "More money then Brains"

This is a prime example
"If you cant crawl over it, just wheelie over it" - Ken
www.joinernetworks.com

My Right rear tire has 2 plugs in it, but my left rear only has 1

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:00 pm

More money than brains...well the same can be said about you and the number of fords you own just sitting at you place. Chevys keep running and you only need one of them.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:39 am

ATV'er wrote:More money than brains...well the same can be said about you and the number of fords you own just sitting at you place. Chevys keep running and you only need one of them.
Bam.

There's more costs to a sled..than just the sled. Another item to store, maintain ($$$), register....maybe another trailer for 3 months of use.

If you want to climb up a mountain...yeah...sled is the way to do. But if you want to go to most of the same places you go on your quad, in the snow...bring lots of gear, camp, etc....tracks aren't bad way to go. And you're using the same machine you invested in, in the first place.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby roon101 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:25 am

The ford Statment seys it all lol haha!

you could always put them on Ebay with My Sun Glasses lol

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:31 pm

Chevys keep running and you only need one of them.

GM.................Bail out.......Yes

Ford...............Bail out.........No

Take it for what it's worth
DAVE

Brute 750 Camo... 26'' MUDLITE XTR'S... Ramsey 3000 w/remote...eXplorist 400... Mair handguards... FlightCare Member

Norcalbmxer

Postby Norcalbmxer » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:13 pm

ATV'er wrote:More money than brains...well the same can be said about you and the number of fords you own just sitting at you place. Chevys keep running and you only need one of them.
Well considering they all are for different purposes, i dont see your point here...???

only need one of them huh???
I like how you were afriad to drive your chevy the other day when the weather was "sooo bad"....let alone you wouldnt have even been able to make it to my driveway.......keep your one chevy sucker :roll:

Just like i have multiple vehicles for multiple purposes, i have multiple OHV vehicles for different purposes
www.joinernetworks.com

Norcalbmxer

Postby Norcalbmxer » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Ken wrote:
Bam.

There's more costs to a sled..than just the sled. Another item to store, maintain ($$$), register....maybe another trailer for 3 months of use.

If you want to climb up a mountain...yeah...sled is the way to do. But if you want to go to most of the same places you go on your quad, in the snow...bring lots of gear, camp, etc....tracks aren't bad way to go. And you're using the same machine you invested in, in the first place.
I agree, if you want to do nothing more then stay on the groomed trails the tracks are great....

When we take the quads out, how much time and how much fun do we have staying on the smooth flat pavement?...ya none...

I know you and I know the attitude of most of the guys on the board. yeah, the road is gonna be cool to ride on for the first day or two....but in short time, more extreme quests will be required......and that is when i want to see how they react...
www.joinernetworks.com

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:30 am

yeah..that's exactly why I chose to get tracks....

one extreme hobby is enough for me....I know me...and I'd end up in a Sled Head movie.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

mtrider
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby mtrider » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:18 pm

I finally got my apache tracks put on Saturday and went to the mountain on Sunday. The were 4 of us and we had a great time. We rode about 25 miles total. We had about 2 to 3 foot of new powder in places. We broke alot of trail and it was great. We are planning another trip to Gravely Range of Montana in a couple of weeks.

hellcat650
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby hellcat650 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:43 am

PICTURES!!!!!!! :P
Dave x^3 (cubed)
07 Artic Cat TRV 650H1
2.5 warn winch
26" Bighorns
3.25 qts oil

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:09 pm

The were 4 of us and we had a great time
do all you guys have tracks??????????

yes pics plesae
DAVE

mtrider
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby mtrider » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:57 pm

There are 5 of us that belong to the same atv club that have tracks. I didn't take my camera on the last ride . I will have pictures on the next. I will have video too.