Foresthill area and Robinson Flat, Burned or spared?

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

traildad
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Foresthill area and Robinson Flat, Burned or spared?

Postby traildad » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:46 pm

I was planning a ride to the Robinson Flat area and changed my mind when I saw some photos showing the burnt area. Does anyone know what area was involved in the fire last summer. I had been told that the area around the Robinson Flat campground is or was very nice. How bad is the damage and what is left?
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"

Norcalbmxer
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Norcalbmxer » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:38 am

Well i guess since im up there every weekend lately, i can reply. Robinson Flat is fine. No fire damage. You will see some fire damage coming through the westville area, but that is it, and that is about 5-10 miles before Robinson Flat.

At this time, just watch for the dust, hopefully the rain coming up will take care of that.

traildad
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby traildad » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:02 pm

Norcalbmxer wrote:Well i guess since im up there every weekend lately, i can reply. Robinson Flat is fine. No fire damage. You will see some fire damage coming through the westville area, but that is it, and that is about 5-10 miles before Robinson Flat.

At this time, just watch for the dust, hopefully the rain coming up will take care of that.
Well that sounds hopeful. Hopefully the rain will be coming and not the snow just yet. The GPS track I was given shows a ride from Robinson Flat campground about 25 miles in each direction. Down NF44 and Robinson Flat road and up Foresthill road and Soda Springs road plus some side roads and over to French Meadows lake. On this ride I would not be covering the whole area though since I am bringing some people that still haven't realized that teal ATV clothes are lame. :lol: Some nice scenic riding is all I am hoping for at this point. Thanks
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"