More ATV/OHV Dis-Information

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

ATVUtah
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby ATVUtah » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:58 am

It seems to have been removed from 3 places on the web but it remains as the first item on the http://www.smokeybear.com/ website.
Have fun, ride safe, keepem wheels down, and see you at the Jamborees,
[url=http://www.atvutah.com/catalog/index.php]Buy my Paiute ATV Trail Guide book I need beer money[/url]

ATVUtah

Postby ATVUtah » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:10 pm

I suggest we all bombard them with more complaint emails. Not one email but several a day from everyone will get their attention. Just write one and then forward it to those email addresses previously listed several times a day.

We got them to pull it off Youtube by complaining, so lets not let up on them! We are the "Public" they claim to serve and they work for US so lets make them listen to us for a change instead of them telling US what to do.
[url=http://www.atvutah.com/catalog/index.php]Buy my Paiute ATV Trail Guide book I need beer money[/url]

ATVUtah

Postby ATVUtah » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:33 pm

Well it looks like for the moment the PSA giving false impressions that ATVs will start a fire simply by being started has been pulled from circulation. It is now gone from the http://www.smokeybear.com/ website along with being removed from all the others I had found it on.

Maybe we have won one small battle by speaking up.

Ken Thank you for bringing this one to our attention.
Last edited by ATVUtah on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:56 am

Cool.

You're welcome.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

ATVUtah

Postby ATVUtah » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:06 pm

Hey everyone~~

Chalk one up for the good guys. The following came across my email via the US Forest Service and the OHV Division of the Utah State Parks and Recreation this morning. Thought you might enjoy it.

It's OFFICIAL the POS PSA is dead!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi all,

The Ad Council will be sending out a notice to media outlets that received our wildfire prevention PSAs (public service advertisements) to discontinue use of the one titled "ATV". below is the notice. The PSA will be removed from any internet site where the Ad Council posted it.

If any of you have received emails or calls from folks about that PSA, please let them know of this action. You can use the responses below or use your own words.

RESPONSE TO MEDIA COMPANIES

It has come to our attention that the recently released PSAs entitled “ATV” for television and radio developed as part of our Wildfire Prevention campaign featuring Smokey Bear have been perceived in a way that is not in line with their original intent.

While the use of motorized recreational equipment does have the potential to cause wildfires, it is not possible to fully explain the various intricacies of ignition in a PSA. Therefore, we request that you immediately discontinue running the TV and radio spots that feature the use of motorized recreational equipment.

On behalf of the U.S. Forest Service, the National Association of State Foresters and the Ad Council we ask that you continue to support the important issue of wildfire prevention by airing the PSAs listed below. Together, we can continue Smokey Bear's 64-year old legacy and provide critical information to Americans about their role in preventing human-caused wildfires.

RESPONSE TO PRESS / OTHERS INQUIRING ABOUT OUR DISCONTINUING THE AD

Thank you for your concern and interest in our recently released wildfire prevention television and radio PSAs. The use of motorized recreational equipment does have the potential to start wildfires. However, many factors come into play and it is not possible to fully explain the intricacies of ignition in a way that would tell the whole story in a PSA. One of our ads has been interpreted in a way that is not in line with the original intent and we have requested that media companies discontinue airing the spots immediately. Our chief goal is to continue to spread Smokey’s enduring message of personal responsibility in the prevention of wildfires, and we hope you will continue your commitment to this issue and help us protect our natural resources from unwanted human caused fire.

RESPONSE TO EMAILS FROM ATV COMMUNITY MEMBERS THAT EXPRESSED CONCERN

Thank you for your concern and interest in our recently released wildfire prevention television and radio PSAs. While the use of motorized recreational equipment does have the potential to start wildfires many factors come into play. It is not possible to fully explain the intricacies of ignition in a way that would tell the whole story in a PSA. We understand that our PSA entitled “ATV” has been interpreted in a way that is not in line with the original intent and we have requested that media companies discontinue airing the spot. We have also removed it from our electronic distribution channels. Our chief goal is to continue to spread Smokey’s enduring message of personal responsibility in the prevention of wildfires, and we hope you will continue your commitment to this issue and help us protect our natural resources from unwanted human caused fire.

traildad
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby traildad » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:03 pm

=D> \:D/ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"

Loppy
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Loppy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:14 pm

I'm tear'n up over here... SICK JOB guys. Vigilance, it takes it.
Scars are tatoos with better stories

dirtbikejohn
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby dirtbikejohn » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Great job to everyone that emailed them . :thumbsup:
I ride an 07 eiger 400,mit-tec front hard box,26 12x12 itps,2500 warn,kc lights,40 channel cb,garmin gps w/topos,6 gear bags,rear seat or dog kennel, rifle scabbard, pistol holster,and the list goes on...................

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:10 pm

Loppy wrote:I'm tear'n up over here... SICK JOB guys. Vigilance, it takes it.
LOL.

That's just awesome.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

traildad
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby traildad » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:17 pm

I was watching TV today and I saw this thing again. I guess it is trying to make a comeback.
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"

d2photo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby d2photo » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:07 am

It may be a hold over by the station - the official smokey bear and ad council sites are only showing the new "disney" themed ads
D2
www.peta-atv.com

'06 650 V2 Cat (roll count - 3) (rides w/o roll - 40

"You may not be the solution, but you can ALWAYS be part of the problem. It's good to contribute where you can"

ATVUtah

Postby ATVUtah » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:44 pm

traildad wrote:I was watching TV today and I saw this thing again. I guess it is trying to make a comeback.
PLEASE call the station and tell them to contact the ad council about running the PSA. It was officially pulled. The station must have not been notified.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:24 am

Just the liberal media with thir own agenda. Just like trying to get the anti christ elected into the presidential office in november (anti christ being the guy with the middle name hussian)
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"