We did it! Took all of Eldorado in One Magic Shot!!!

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

GrizzlyGuy
Forever On The trail - RIP

We did it! Took all of Eldorado in One Magic Shot!!!

Postby GrizzlyGuy » Sat May 31, 2008 6:56 pm

Team uber-Brain took EVERYTHING in ElDorado with just one magic shot! I am dead serious, folks. It is OVER. All of it. Done!

We Won it ALL!! It has been over since the very moment that my and Ken's magic appeals arrived at the Appeal Deciding Officer on May 13, 2008! I sent mine FedEx to have delivery confirmation of this momentous event in OHV history. I shall frame it. The signature of the person who signed for my ABSOLUTE VICTORY bomb!!!

No more lawsuit threats! No more emotion/worry/anger! We even destroyed the "Greenie A-bomb" before it could ever be used (the assertion that a Forest Supervisor can designate de-facto wilderness areas, thereby "nuking" large swaths of routes).

This is real, guys. We now have a confirmed kill from Empress Nora, who taught us everything we needed to know, for Ken and I to outsmart and outmaneuver the Forest Service. All credit for this victory goes to Empress Nora, the best teacher of anything, ever, anywhere on this planet earth, since mankind figured out how to walk upright! Three cheers for Empress Nora!!!

Another indication that the Forest Service understood it was over when our appeals arrived is that we have been dealing with Laura and Mr. Villavazo (indirectly). There was no point for the Appeal Deciding Officer to come up here and negotiate. Why? He knew Ken and I wouldn't negotiate a win like this in which they had NO MOVE anyway. We took it all and we aren't giving any back! LOL!

This too has been confirmed by Empress Nora!

I now understand the "signals" that Laura was sending, and why it felt like she suddenly worked for me instead of the Forest Service. She was signalling we had won. Geek that I was sticking to my scientific method, I had to first rule out the alternate hypothesis that her signal of putting us at the top of their "lawsuit threat list" was not a coincidence. So I waited until she sent me all the actual appeals so I could confirm our status as Strategic Masters of the Universe.

It will be fun to tally up how many people and organizations we just defeated with one shot from team uber-Brain. Besides Ken and I on the team, we had uber-Brain Randy Burleson cranking alternate strategies and preparing to execute some of our more interesting alternate ones if the need had arisen.

Watch for this to become a Hollywood Movie. It has to. It is such an unbelievable but true story. I'm still sitting here in shock of what we pulled off. My brain has been running in a mode I call "Fabric Forward" for way too many days. Loss of sleep makes that mode work better, so I've been staying up all night.

Get this: Ken and I were going to ride Rubicon Trail on Friday, to take a break from all this and talk about anything else but this campaign, but I had been up all night the previous night running strategies. With no sleep, and Fabric Forward mode engaged in brain, I knew I couldn't ride. I would have driven off of a cliff when the 30-second delay in motor control from Fabric Forward brain processing.

Somebody pinch me?

To show how deep we were going on strategy, so as to make sure we had multiple contingency plans in case we uncovered a Greenie strategic force operating before our kill was confirmed, here is one of Randy's: it was a 3-person variant of the old good cop/bad cop routine. The twist was that uber-Brain Randy has a pony tail and looks like a Greenie.

The deployment plan was for me (bad cop), Ken (good cop) and Randy to go negotiate with Mr. Villavazo. We planned to OWN him via classical mind play domination. I'd stand up and start yelling at him for being so stupid that he can't even hire people who understand science, making such a mess of a simple thing, about to spend millions of taxpayer dollars on lawsuit after lawsuit, etc.

I planned to tirade like that for about 4.5 minutes. I'd take deep breath, and Ken/Randy would have this "oh no, he's actually going to punch Villavazo" look on their faces. Good cop uber-Brain Ken would take over, sympathize, and allow him to go off with his only friend in the world, our Greenie-under-cover uber-Brain Randy, where he would console Villavazo and learn all the secrets we needed to beat him in this negotiation. Back he goes for more good cop, bad cop, fake Greenie friend... until we'd fleeced him of all routes.

Ken and Randy had a high confidence of success in this one. I wasn't so sure. It was the moment that I'd take the deep breath and see the concerned gonna-punch-Villavazo looks on their faces that I was worried about. My expected result with 65% probability: I bust out laughing, fall down onto the floor laughing, now I'm on my back with my feet up in the air, still laughing, at which point I pee my pants from laughing. I was pretty sure Villavazo wouldn't be too scared of me at that point. Might not even buy into this elaborate subterfuge any more, either.Fearing legitimate Greenies in the area, we'd have probably bolted for the door about then. LOL!

How many deployable alternate strategies did we come up with, anyway? 10 or so? No one will believe the steal-his-meeting strategy with Greenie Leader and OHV Leader making peace the night before, thereby taking away Villavazo's clever divide-and-conquer strategy of sweet-talking himself into all the appeals. Or at least we estimated that as his best strategy at 80% confidence, and figured that was the real purpose of his meeting. So with Greenie Leader and OHV Leader arm-in-arm, they would start asking Villavazo the usual how-could-this-possibly-happen questions to scare him out of his own meeting.

We were DEAD SERIOUS, on that one folks. I almost called the Greenie Leader (whichever one of them had the best appeal on their side) last night and started the process. But then we determined that the Greenie had to be:

1) Strategic
2) A Leader
3) Smart enough to understand how this was good for them, and how we had gamed it all the way out to the point where he would still get his "do over" court shot no matter what happened.
4) Can think on his feet
5) Can be very assertive

At that point, we abandoned the strategy. We knew we'd NEVER find a Greenie that could meet all those criteria. Oh well, saved me the displeasure of having to be buddy-buddy with the Greenie leader. LOL!

I am now compiling the absolutely amazing story of our victory before I forget it. I've cranked out so many backup strategies waiting for confirmation of kill that my brain hurts right now. Those backup strategies were getting kind of wacky, huh? But believe me... every single one of them could have worked if enacted as I described.

I need to confirm my analysis, but it appears that we also sealed the Greenies out, thereby ending all the lawsuit possibilities. The Greenies can file suit all they want, but we actually have them blocked from getting anywhere. How's that for one magic shot! Get a Brain, Greenies, Get a Brain. A pretty big one if you want to beat team Ken/Eric I'd say. LOL!

Wait until you hear what my Doomsday Option really did. All I showed the Forest Service was the easy opening win in Federal Court, which I always viewed as a trivial task. No lawyer needed, and although I'm not one, who needs one for easy logic like that. Go in and run the table with the judge cheering us on. It was what came after that in the rest of the Doomsday Option... that will blow your mind.

Thank you Empress Nora!
TV For Thrill Seekers: http://AdventureWorld.TV
More Videos: http://GrizzlyGuy.TV
Some More Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ATVGrizzlyGuy
Photos: http://www.GrizzlyGuy.com/ATVs
My quad: Grizzly 700, 25" Bighorns, Bash Plates,
Warn 2500 Winch

Pa Pa Jack
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby Pa Pa Jack » Sat May 31, 2008 7:24 pm

I would personally like to Thank both of you.

To steal a quote, Greatness is sometimes thrust upon people who do not want it. Great people respond.

You and Ken are great people in my book.
Jack Terpack
Hodges, SC

SP800, 700 Grizz

GrizzlyGuy

Postby GrizzlyGuy » Sat May 31, 2008 8:00 pm

Thanks, Pa.

Got any thoughts on who should play us in the Hollywood Blockbuster movie about this? I like Tom Hanks.

You guys won't BELIEVE how incredible this story is. For example, we had our Doomsday Option literally causing Obama to be re-elected for his second term by a landslide (if he wins this year). Really. It would have happened. I'll explain all later as soon as I get it all written down, along with the step-by-step proof that everything would have happened exactly as we designed it to.

No matter what you hear about this, EVERYTHING was real. Possible. Nothing impossible. No bluffs. Choose the wrong option, and we would have played out Doomsday Option. It results in the Forest Service being gutted, most of their people tossed out, then rebuilding by our chosen government official (various, depending on scenario) pouring money into it.

That way, they could afford to hire REAL smart guys to do their science. No more need for copy/paste junk science by people who barely know what science is.

Really, no joke. These events in the future would have HAPPENED had he chosen the wrong option. Certainty level: 98%.
Warn 2500 Winch

Pa Pa Jack

Postby Pa Pa Jack » Sat May 31, 2008 8:06 pm

Dan Akroyd is the only person that comes to mind for your part.

hehehe!!!
Jack Terpack
Hodges, SC

SP800, 700 Grizz

FishaHallic
Aka: Fishoil

Postby FishaHallic » Sat May 31, 2008 10:05 pm

Great job Griz and Ken, I knew you guys were smart and putting your heads together made a great team. Now Griz, if you could only give Ken some of your hair :D .

I agree with Pa Pa on this, Dan Akroyd can play "Grizzly Guy" and how about...hm let's see Telly Savalas plays "Ken". Wait a minute Telly is dead how about Yul Brennar.....no, he died too, how about this guy..........
Last edited by FishaHallic on Sat May 31, 2008 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
07 King Quad with a little bling,
3.0 Warn Winch
Garmin 60CSX GPS (Update) broke this in rollover.

FishaHallic
Aka: Fishoil

Postby FishaHallic » Sat May 31, 2008 10:15 pm

07 King Quad with a little bling,
3.0 Warn Winch
Garmin 60CSX GPS (Update) broke this in rollover.

GrizzlyGuy

Postby GrizzlyGuy » Sat May 31, 2008 10:43 pm

Hang on, hang on, the war is not over.

My Team uber-Brain intel officer seems to have misinterpreted some info he received from our teacher Nora. Or Nora misinterpreted where we were.

Nora said that because the appeal is being handled by the Forest Supervisor, that indicated that we had won, because there was no point in the Appeal Deciding Officer coming up to negotiate. Per this criteria from our teacher, I declared victory.

Now per soon-to-be-ex uber-Brain intel officer, there are other reasons why an appeal might be sent up to the Forest Supervisor. Like itty-bitty stuff to get tweaked.

Now he also tells me that there is not just one appeal that is go/no-go. He says you have to go up through multiple rejection steps before you get to finally... sue them. Oyyyyyyyy...... I read the law carefully, and he is telling me "oh, they don't put that in the law". Huh??

I knew there was a reason I wanted to go with the Doomsday Option and bring down the whole stinking *and now confusing* place.

Oyyyyyyy...... Many steps left.....
Warn 2500 Winch

Gtown

Postby Gtown » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:30 am

Now he also tells me that there is not just one appeal that is go/no-go. He says you have to go up through multiple rejection steps before you get to finally... sue them. Oyyyyyyyy...... I read the law carefully, and he is telling me "oh, they don't put that in the law". Huh??

Oyyyyyyy...... Many steps left.....
215.17 Informal disposition.
(a) Offer to meet. When an appeal is
received, the Responsible Official, or
designee, must contact the appellant
and offer to meet and discuss resolution
of the issues raised in the appeal.
This contact shall be made as soon as
practicable after the Appeal Deciding
Officer receives the appeal and the Responsible
Official is notified. In the
case of multiple names or organizations,
it is the responsibility of the
lead appellant (§ 215.2) to contact any
other persons named in their appeal
who may desire to participate in the
informal disposition meeting. If the appellant(
s) decline to meet, the Responsible
Official shall so advise the Appeal
Deciding Officer.
(b) Time and location of meeting. When
an appellant agrees to meet, the initial
meeting shall take place within 15 days
after the closing date for filing an appeal
(§ 215.15). The location of the meeting
shall be in the vicinity of the lands
affected by the decision. When the District
Ranger is the Responsible Official,
meetings will generally be located
on or near that Ranger District. When
the Forest Supervisor, Regional Forester,
or the Chief is the Responsible
Official, meetings will generally take
place at a location within or near the
National Forest.
(c) Meeting structure. Generally, the
appellant(s) should be physically
present at informal disposition meetings.
If the appellant cannot attend a
meeting in person because of schedule
conflicts or travel distances, alternative
types of meetings (such as telephone
conferences or video conferences)
may be arranged. All meetings
are open to the public.
(d) Outcome. After the informal disposition
meeting, the Responsible Official
shall notify the Appeal Deciding
Officer in writing of the meeting participants
and which of the following
three outcomes occurred.
(1) An appellant and the Responsible
Official reach agreement on disposition
of all or a portion of an appeal. The appellant
shall withdraw all or the agreed
upon portion of the appeal by letter to
the Appeal Deciding Officer within 15
days of the agreement. When the appellant
does not withdraw the appeal in
writing, formal review and disposition
of the appeal shall continue.
(2) As a result of the agreement
reached at the informal disposition
meeting, new information is received
or changes to the original decision or
environmental analysis are proposed.
The Responsible Official must follow
the correction, supplementation, or revision
of environmental documentation
and reconsideration of decisions to
take action guidance in FSH 1909.15,
Chapter 10, section 18, and §§ 215.3 and
(3) An appeal is not entirely resolved
through informal disposition. Formal
review and disposition of the unresolved
portion of the appeal shall continue
§ 215.18

I'm fairly confident in our (PLP's) appeal also. Many steps left and we just need to ride them out. This is a whole new type of thing I've never been envolved in before. I wish I had the chance to meet with the consultant you guy's did but the leadership at the PLP has been priceless in the education they've given me so far.

I know Ken said he was going to be in Florida...Eric, do you plan to attend the meeting on the 4th? We've got a private meeting before the 1pm public meeting.

I've read the Blue Ribbon and Corva's appeals. Do you have copies of the other appeals you coud forward me? I'd love to read over Karren S/CSNS's appeal.
Bryan
_KI6PZI___
I wasn't huggin that tree, I was measuring it to see what size chainsaw I'll need.

04 Grizzly

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:32 am

Regardless of where it goes from here, thanks to all your uber-team for all the work you've done. I've read lots of the stuff and can't get my mind around it like you guys have. Great work, and I'm sure the process will continue to go well.

Bravo!

Dave

Pa Pa Jack

Postby Pa Pa Jack » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:34 am

P.S.'
'
Akroyd is busy but I may be able to get DeVito!!!!!

hehehe
Jack Terpack
Hodges, SC

SP800, 700 Grizz

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:22 pm

We have a strong hand......

But who knows what will happen in the actual meeting. We have no clue.

I hope Eric is going.....I can't.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Loppy
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Loppy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:15 pm

Magnifico! You guys are awesome. Give 'em hell!!!
Scars are tatoos with better stories

auendave
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby auendave » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:52 pm

keep up the good work

d2photo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby d2photo » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:22 pm

For our Team Uber Brain.

Here's to you... YOU DID IT
D2
www.peta-atv.com

'06 650 V2 Cat (roll count - 3) (rides w/o roll - 40

"You may not be the solution, but you can ALWAYS be part of the problem. It's good to contribute where you can"