New Guy and Wife

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Scott
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

New Guy and Wife

Postby Scott » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:52 pm

Hi,
While heading up 50 last saturday to Silver Springs, NV I saw a white pick up with two utility quads on a trailer that had a decal on the window that said "ATVOBSESSION.COM". Hmm what's this I wondered? After checking out your web site and not seeing any SPORT quads I thought. "Hey this is cool"!

My wife Judy and I ride in Nevada, love the desert. We like the desert because as one of my friends said, "you can see tomorrow coming".

She has a Suzuki 450 King Quad I have a Suzuki 700 King Quad. We also have a 250 Honda Recon and a 250 Suzuki Ozark from our beginner days.

We have 2.5 acres with a 24' x 24' garage and single wide 2 bedroom modular in Silver Springs, NV that we stage out of.

We love to ride in the Brady's Hot Springs area and are into sightseeing and animal viewing.

Brady's has about everything you could ask for in the desert. Sand, but it isn't Sand Mountain, Rocks, Mountains, Mines, Donkeys, Tufa formations, Table smooth dry lake beds, a Navy jet crash site and best of all few people. Best kept secret in Nevada.

We would like to meet more people to ride with that enjoy the desert and sightseeing.

I also collect lizards as a hobby and rode 50 miles Sunday in search of a couple Leopard Lizards.
Outside of a book a dog is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it is too dark to read.
MarkTwain

hellcat650
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby hellcat650 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:44 pm

Welcome Scott, I mostly the ride hills of Reno area. Feel free to join a ride.

Scott

Postby Scott » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:07 pm

Sounds great. MAybe we can get together some time.
MarkTwain

FishaHallic
Aka: Fishoil

Postby FishaHallic » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Hmmm :-k , white pickup with a trailer and 2 quads you say. Were those 2 quads polaris by any chance and did one of these said quads looked to be abused and the other look to be pampered by a very nice young lady? I don't know for sure but you may have spotted the elusive webmaster and his better half.

It is also possible that you spotted the very robust but yet very light on his feet buddy of the webmaster with similar names. Was this a white Chevy truck you saw?

Anyway welcome to the site and it will be nice to have a few more people that ride the Nevada area. Who knows we may have enough someday to open the ATV OBSESSION - Reno riders \:D/ . Welcome and keep an eye on the "going for a ride" section, at least some of us post on there when we go for rides.
07 King Quad with a little bling,
3.0 Warn Winch
Garmin 60CSX GPS (Update) broke this in rollover.

Scott

Postby Scott » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:22 pm

Sorry didnt notice the make of the truck. But there were two guys in it. Seems like it was new trailer with no plates on it, just the dealer ad.
Short hair manly men.
Be fun to have someone to ride with up there.
MarkTwain

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:40 pm

Ha. That had to Scott (ATV'R). I think he and I are the only 2 with those stickers at the moment.

Welcome, BTW...and not that we have anything against Sport Quads...this is definitely a site about 4x4 quads.....hard riding and exploring.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:08 pm

that was me heading up hwy 50 to the rubicon. Welcome to the board. I will me doing many rides coming up in may through the summer. Hopefully we get the oppertunity to ride together. Welcome again..

Scott M.

FishaHallic

Postby FishaHallic » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:29 pm

Well if you saw ATV'er then that is great. Scott is a good guy, heck even the webmaster and his better half are alright in my book but the one you have to look out for is the robust fellow that is lite on his feet......he has a little bit of a mean streak :lol: .
3.0 Warn Winch

cajungal64

Postby cajungal64 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:56 am

Welcome... join us in Tonopah! Cheap hotel and loads of great sights to see. It would be lovely to have another gal along! :) and you too... :)
Lori

Polaris 800 which I bum from the webmaster!!!

[i]If ya gonna run with the big dawgs, you gotta quit pissin' on the porch with the poodles![/i]

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Re: New Guy and Wife

Postby DAVE » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:58 am

Scott wrote:Hi,
While heading up 50 last saturday to Silver Springs, NV I saw a white pick up with two utility quads on a trailer that had a decal on the window that said "ATVOBSESSION.COM". Hmm what's this I wondered? After checking out your web site and not seeing any SPORT quads I thought. "Hey this is cool"!

My wife Judy and I ride in Nevada, love the desert. We like the desert because as one of my friends said, "you can see tomorrow coming".

She has a Suzuki 450 King Quad I have a Suzuki 700 King Quad. We also have a 250 Honda Recon and a 250 Suzuki Ozark from our beginner days.

We have 2.5 acres with a 24' x 24' garage and single wide 2 bedroom modular in Silver Springs, NV that we stage out of.

We love to ride in the Brady's Hot Springs area and are into sightseeing and animal viewing.

Brady's has about everything you could ask for in the desert. Sand, but it isn't Sand Mountain, Rocks, Mountains, Mines, Donkeys, Tufa formations, Table smooth dry lake beds, a Navy jet crash site and best of all few people. Best kept secret in Nevada.

We would like to meet more people to ride with that enjoy the desert and sightseeing.

I also collect lizards as a hobby and rode 50 miles Sunday in search of a couple Leopard Lizards.
Hey Scott.........welcome
I love riding in Nevada, Not familar with silver springs area or Bradys, I guess I will have to get my map out. I have been going to Mina for the past few years and doing some general exploring.

we will have to get toghter some time.

SEE YA DAVE
DAVE

Brute 750 Camo... 26'' MUDLITE XTR'S... Ramsey 3000 w/remote...eXplorist 400... Mair handguards... FlightCare Member

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:32 am

FishaHallic wrote:...the one you have to look out for is the robust fellow that is lite on his feet......he has a little bit of a mean streak :lol: .

So who might you be talking about Mr. Fishoil???!!!

Welcome Scott, always nice to have someone in a different area to show around their neck of the woods - so to speak - as well.

Ignore Fishoil, he's still getting over a hefty repair bill and is a bit surly yet. :wink:
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:31 am

FishHallic has one thing going for him. He can say that he is enviromentally friendly because he as fishoil in his quad.

FishaHallic

Postby FishaHallic » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:40 am

ATV'er your going on my list......after I get my stickers :lol:
3.0 Warn Winch

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:40 pm

I felt a little left out by not getting my .02 cents in about the fishoil. You guys will have plenty of oppertunitys to get me back. I do many dumb things and if all else fails you can make fun of me making margarita's on the trail during the summer.

traildad

Re: New Guy and Wife

Postby traildad » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:02 pm

Scott wrote:Hi,

Welcome to the group. Hey that sounds great. My wife and I want to do some exploring in the desert. Maybe even a camp out with the quads. She is very much more into sightseeing than she is into rock crawling or speed riding. We have had very little luck with wildlife viewing so far. Keep in touch on this board. We are very interested.
Ken (traildad)
Sharon (sightseer)
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"