gonna buy new quad mama is taking mine

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

gonna buy new quad mama is taking mine

Postby roon101 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:08 am

hey i am gonna buy new quad i don't know what to buy going back and forth on polaris sportsman 500 and kingquad 450 and can am out lander 650 those are what i am looking at and every time i look i find somthing i do and don't like what do you guys recomend love the site by the way

FishaHallic
Aka: Fishoil

Postby FishaHallic » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:36 pm

I have a Kingquad 700 and can't say anything bad about it. There are several polaris guys on this site also, and I have talked to several people with the outlander 650 and they love them. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

Welcome to the site btw.
07 King Quad with a little bling,
3.0 Warn Winch
Garmin 60CSX GPS (Update) broke this in rollover.

cajungal64
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby cajungal64 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:10 pm

FishaHallic wrote:I have a Kingquad 700 and can't say anything bad about it. There are several polaris guys on this site also, and I have talked to several people with the outlander 650 and they love them. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

Welcome to the site btw.
His KingQuad may have a little something to say about it's owner.... pleeeaase give me OIL>>>>>>> :wink:
Lori

Polaris 800 which I bum from the webmaster!!!

[i]If ya gonna run with the big dawgs, you gotta quit pissin' on the porch with the poodles![/i]

FishaHallic

Postby FishaHallic » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:54 pm

Lori, not you too. Sure I expect it from the likes of GG, Ken, Kendo, Hellcat, D2photo, oldtrucks and Tom, Dick and Harry but not you Lori. It's official, I now feel shunned by this group :cry: .
3.0 Warn Winch

GrizzlyGuy
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby GrizzlyGuy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:42 pm

The power steering on a Grizzly 700 makes it worth considering, especially if you like riding rough stuff. If you can test ride a few models, take them each out in a rock garden and see which one makes you feel more in control.

WARNING: Don't let mama try one, else she'll force you to buy it, then take it instead of your old one. :(
TV For Thrill Seekers: http://AdventureWorld.TV
More Videos: http://GrizzlyGuy.TV
Some More Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ATVGrizzlyGuy
Photos: http://www.GrizzlyGuy.com/ATVs
My quad: Grizzly 700, 25" Bighorns, Bash Plates,
Warn 2500 Winch

cajungal64
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby cajungal64 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:26 pm

FishaHallic wrote:Lori, not you too. Sure I expect it from the likes of GG, Ken, Kendo, Hellcat, D2photo, oldtrucks and Tom, Dick and Harry but not you Lori. It's official, I now feel shunned by this group :cry: .
NEVERMIND!! :oops: You know what they say..."Birds of a feather flock together" I guess all these guys' are rubbing off on me.
Lori

Polaris 800 which I bum from the webmaster!!!

[i]If ya gonna run with the big dawgs, you gotta quit pissin' on the porch with the poodles![/i]

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:52 pm

FishaHallic wrote:I now feel shunned by this group :cry: .
Shunned? Hell...That makes it official....You're one of us! You think we give this much shit to a stranger or someone we hate?
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

FishaHallic

Postby FishaHallic » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:04 pm

Oh, to be excepted by my fellow (but superior) atv'rs, my life is complete, now when is that poker game :D .
3.0 Warn Winch

oldtrucks
Certified: OBSESSED

Re: gonna buy new quad mama is taking mine

Postby oldtrucks » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:45 am

roon101 wrote:hey i am gonna buy new quad i don't know what to buy going back and forth on polaris sportsman 500 and kingquad 450 and can am out lander 650 those are what i am looking at and every time i look i find somthing i do and don't like what do you guys recomend love the site by the way
Curious why the 500 and 450 when you're looking at a 650 too? Might as well look at the 800 and 750, same size chassis, just bigger power, a man can never have enough power (OK, that Renegade may have enough :shock: ).
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

[url=http://www.offroadobsession.com/store]Offroad Obsession[/url]

[url=http://www.rallyontherocks.com]Rally on the Rocks![/url]

teejay
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby teejay » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:40 pm

cajungal64 wrote: NEVERMIND!! :oops: You know what they say..."Birds of a feather flock together" I guess all these guys' are rubbing off on me.
Does that mean you're going to start writing your name in the snow for fun too?

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:33 pm

On the small vs. large - we have a Grizzly 450 and a 660 (guess which one is mine...) and as much fun as the 450 is (it's like a sports car compared to riding the 660), I surely love the large amount of power the 660 has in terms of acceleration and climbing. I don't know the machines you're looking at, but I would opt for the most power you can afford.

Wish I had the 700's power steering - bigger tires = more effort. Bigger engine is also a big plus if you are going for real tires and wheels too.

Good luck!

Dave
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

new quad

Postby roon101 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:32 am

yea thanks for the warning grizzley guy that is what happen with this one she had a 2 wheel drive and thens she road my 4 wheel drive and now she is hooked is all i hear about

i am so up in the air and most of the dealers won't let me try the bikes
i road a polaris 800 sportsman and a 500sports man i liked it but i don't know how i will like the braking system with only one hand leaver

does any one ride on wednesdays and thursday my freind and i looking for people to ride with
thanks for all of you kindly input and the joke are great keep them comming by the way it is a honda rancher so you know why i want a new one no locker and that burns me

teejay

Postby teejay » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:57 am

Don't buy from a dealer that won't let you ride a quad even in the parking lot.

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby roon101 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:04 pm

that is what i am been told at every one i go to they don't want me to scratch and so on the only place that let me try the quads was ploaris dealer in chico ca and by the way that is the nicest store i have been in the prices seem a little higher then the other one as well

so stuck in a RUTT i guess my threory is would buy a car you couldn't drive with the dealers and they always have an excuse

thanks for the reply

teejay

Postby teejay » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:25 pm

Just tell them straight up. Look how the hell am I supposed to buy something I can't test drive before? This is a serious investment and one I'm ready and willing to make, and if you can't let me ride one, then why should i do business there? Hvae you tried asking the GM of the shop? I had a dealer pull that crap on me when I was looking to buy a new car. He told me no, so I went in and explained the situation to the GM, and sure enough they let me test drive it.