No Dust!!!

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

No Dust!!!

Postby Kendo » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:10 pm

Well, we headed up the hill to Bowman Road this morning and here are a few shots of what we encountered. Truck said 43 degrees where we off loaded at 5678' elevation. We rode all the way to Meadow ~7300' and saw rain, sleet and snow in the 45 minutes we spent there.

We were pretty much in the clouds all day.

Even in the cold and wet, Bowman is beautiful - IMHO

We get to Meadow, and they must have known some cold, wet ATVer's were coming, because there was a fire waiting. :D

Master Blaster Nick on the way back.

Did I mention it was cold??

All in all a great trip!! We both discovered inadequacies in our riding gear, so those will need to be addressed before the next outing. Riding dustless is great, but can we not come to some happy medium? :lol:
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:11 am

What a difference a week makes....

I see the ready made fire....I would have been really worried if there was food ready to eat.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

NickD
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby NickD » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:06 am

Yesterday was probably the best ride I have been on. I'll take cold hands and wet jeans to 'the dust' any day. :lol:

Shell pants, hand guards and maybe goggle tearoffs and we are all set.... ready to go again Kendo???
'07 Can AM 800 xt.... all stock for less than 10 minutes.....

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:40 am

Well Ken, I was hoping this might give you a hint as to what YOU should be doing.

Step 1 - Plan ride.
Step 2 - Ride.
Step 3 - Take picutres during ride.
Step 4 - Return home and post said pictures of said ride.

See how that goes? It's very simple actually.

Nick - gimme a couple days to get some waterproof shoes and nylon gloves and I'm there!!

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:13 am

Very funny....I'm still collecting photos from the other photographers, who were considerate enough to:

1) Actually take photos of the trip

2) Take the time to upload them to me

Let me know when you're Miyagi photos are uploaded big guy... :)
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:25 am

Clothes....you brought up a good point.

I use the Military Gortex pants...they actually work in summer and winter...but I have two pair(in case of holes). In the summer, just wear some boxers and you're good to go. Winter, I wear thermals underneath...I've been in pouring rain, snow, mud..etc...and just a little damp ..never wet.

As for shoes....The best boots that I've found, are my 12" tall Red Wing Irish Setters. They aren't cheap....but they're 100% waterproof and provide ankle protection. I wear them even in the summertime on Rock crawling trips, just because it adds some ankle protection. Why are they so expensive?? Cause at 12" tall....they seriously probably weigh the same as a pair of high-top basketball shoes. I searched all over for waterproof shoes, for about a month...most, either weren't tall enough, weighed a ton, or weren't waterproof...when I walked into the Red Wing store in Rocklin and saw them...I made the same sound as the Winner's Circle Toyhauler....Uhh..uhh..uhh....I started to walk over to them, and the woman who owned the store with her dad said..."don't touch those". I froze...and I was kinda pissed for a second...then she followed with..."unless you want to buy them, cause everyone who picks 'em up, buys 'em". Sure enough....

this trip was miserable....pouring rain at Eagle Lakes...and blinding snow storm on Signal Peak

It was POURING at Jackson Meadows....and we stayed dry.

Another good one...that water hauling ass by Jack's ATV...isn't a river....that's the Fordyce Trail road, on the long downhill before the 1st river crossing.

Dan was miserable, he didn't have the right clothes.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:28 am

Ken wrote:Very funny....I'm still collecting photos from the other photographers, who were considerate enough to:

1) Actually take photos of the trip

2) Take the time to upload them to me
Just sounds like another in a long line of excuses from the "admin" of the site. :P

I have no pics to upload, too busy trying to figure out which fawking road we were supposed to be on. :lol:

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:31 am

I was good except for shoes and gloves. I will add the Red Wings to the list of "must look at" items for sure. I used to wear those in my old job, 12 hours of on my feet and they worked awesome. Pricey - yes, but well worth it.

I think I have the glove issue resolved, just ordered some handlebar "mitts" that can easily be put on and taken off with velcro straps. I'm sure I will be made fun of, but I will have dry warm hands. :wink:

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:17 pm

Look at Terrys helmet in the first pic...LMAO
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:36 pm

Chadd wrote:Look at Terrys helmet in the first pic...LMAO
LOL...i know..he was such a noob. He went out got the gray monster, soon after that ride.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

cajungal64
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby cajungal64 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:24 pm

Ken wrote:What a difference a week makes....

I see the ready made fire....I would have been really worried if there was food ready to eat.
Terry would have loved it!! FREE WARM FOOD!!!! Who cares where it came from!!!!
Lori

Polaris 800 which I bum from the webmaster!!!

[i]If ya gonna run with the big dawgs, you gotta quit pissin' on the porch with the poodles![/i]

WillRide
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby WillRide » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:46 pm

Chadd wrote:Look at Terrys helmet in the first pic...LMAO
Terry put a 'Dead head' lightning bolt sticker on that first helmet, just to try to make it look cool. I know he wasn't a Greatfull Dead fan. It was fun teasing him about it though.
--Will
'15 RZR S 900 eps (oh yes I did!)
'02 Yamaha Raptor

oldtrucks
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby oldtrucks » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:21 am

Kendo wrote:Nick - gimme a couple days to get some water soluble lubricant and some lacy nylons and I'm there!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

[url=http://www.offroadobsession.com/store]Offroad Obsession[/url]

[url=http://www.rallyontherocks.com]Rally on the Rocks![/url]

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:22 am

Nice Larry.

Coming from a Hula Dancing bald guy, it doesn't hold much weight. :P