25%
Get 50 lashes with a cane
75%

Total votes: 4

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

What is Jetting

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:47 am

I have been reading alot about jetting of the ATV's when chaning elevations. what exactly is jetting the engine. Is this just a matter of buying smaller or larger nozzles for the carberator?

Is this expensive? :?: :?:
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:20 pm

Jack would be the best to answer this, since Jack changed the jets on his last ATV.

The jets are really just a small nozzle in the carb that shoots the gas....higher altitude...smaller jets.(less air).
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:36 pm

Talked to a few people the other day about jetting and got some good information, as well as a few manuals on how to do it. . .

Now the question is would there be a need to do this when we jump from 1200 to 4000 or to the ocean. it seems like it is a big enough jump to warrant switching them out. How long does it take to get them switched out.
I wonder if this can be done on the trail with relative ease?
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:01 pm

You've just described why Electronic Fuel Injection was introduced by Polaris.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Jetting...

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:26 pm

For all you "Experienced" Honda riders...

Websters Dictionary defines "Jetting a Honda" as follows.... To be pulled to safety by a POLARIS.

So, boys and girls... Jetting your carburation for elevation is completely unnecessary when accompanied by any ATV with the logo or name POLARIS (even if the POLARIS has fewer cc's).
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:18 pm

LOL....ruthless.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director