Meadow Lake campgrounds open

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

traildad
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Meadow Lake campgrounds open

Postby traildad » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:40 pm

The Tahoe NF website says that Meadow Lake campgrounds are open. I have been waiting to go back up there since last October. I was just reading on the web about a private campground in Washington CA. It is within easy riding of Meadow Lake and the wife gets pay showers. :D I want to check it out and do a day ride up to Meadow lake area as soon as I can.

D2 I said I would mention it here when it looked like we could go. Got any free time coming up?
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:56 am

Lori, Kane (her son), Kenan (my son) and myself went there this weekend. We parked before Bowman, and road to Meadow Lake...had lunch at the same camp site we did Miyagi. Camp host Richard is there. It was MOSQUITO CENTRAL!! It was 12Noon, sunny and the wind was blowing around 10mph....and were getting eaten alive in the SUN! Same thing happened at Buck Island Lake....bring bug juice with lots of Deet.

There was one small patch of snow, where Mr. Bill put his tent..and we saw a few patches around the cemetary.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

traildad
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby traildad » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:28 pm

Ken wrote: We parked before Bowman, and road to Meadow Lake...had lunch at the same camp site we did Miyagi.
That's what I wanted to hear. I wasn't sure that just because the campground was open that the road from Bowman was clear of snow. Thanks
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"

dp
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby dp » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:50 pm

We made a run on the 18th from Fuller Lake area to Bassetts. Only a patch of snow in a roadside ditch at the top of Yuba Pass Road. Quite dusty as a matter of fact. As mentioned, mosquitos were bad.
'05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI