Moab Trip Report

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:34 am

Yes...both are optional. Rock Chucker, technically isn't the path. The trail goes straight, then backtracks left away from Rock Chucker. To do Rock Chucker, you turn right, head UP the obstacle and then around a small hill and end up pretty much back where you started.

Widowmaker, there's a sign, but the arrows are wrong. I knew cause of the Moab Book (very helpful) and my GPS. The bypass is a left turn about 1/4 mile before Widowmaker....go straight and you run right into it.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

cajungal64
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby cajungal64 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:50 am

zkeys wrote:Thanks for the reply man. I did Poison Spider last year and that was a nice ride. I might try to do Poison Spider to Golden Spike to Gold Bar Rim to Gemini Bridges ride this year, if I have a whole day to waste. It sounds like I have to check out Metal Masher then. We might be staying at Archview so it would be a short trip to get to MM. I walked up the first 1/4 mile of the Rim last year and was pretty impressed, I could not get my dad to do it with me (too old :) ) so I did not attempt it alone. We will see what this year brings!
Thanks man!
Zack
Yea, well some of these lunatics may be as old as your dad, but they love this stuff. If you post when you're doing your Moab trip this year, you may find a few stragglers joining up with you. Then, you can do "helldorado" successfully and "safely"... Why does that seem like an oxymoron to me??? By the way, welcome aboard.... you're a long way from Kansas, time for you to check out the Rubicon Trail with us! Can you say ROAD TRIP!!!!

Lori
Lori

Polaris 800 which I bum from the webmaster!!!

[i]If ya gonna run with the big dawgs, you gotta quit pissin' on the porch with the poodles![/i]

Mrbanzai
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby Mrbanzai » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:08 am

More Pictures! More Pictures! More Pictures! Ok enough of that.. but seriously i am jealous and will make every attempt @ going next year so that you can see how to ride without using a winch ...Hah. well i guess i'm getting a little delusional etc, just thinkin about it! :lol:
Ride & Live Polaris MY Way Out!
Earth first, we'll log the other planets later.
If you aint got Jack's, you aint got Jack.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:23 am

Mrbanzai wrote:so you can see how to ride without using a winch

They obviously don't have random drug testing at Montana Jack's Corporate HQ.

:wink:
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

zkeys
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby zkeys » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:31 am

cajungal64 wrote:
zkeys wrote:Thanks for the reply man. I did Poison Spider last year and that was a nice ride. I might try to do Poison Spider to Golden Spike to Gold Bar Rim to Gemini Bridges ride this year, if I have a whole day to waste. It sounds like I have to check out Metal Masher then. We might be staying at Archview so it would be a short trip to get to MM. I walked up the first 1/4 mile of the Rim last year and was pretty impressed, I could not get my dad to do it with me (too old :) ) so I did not attempt it alone. We will see what this year brings!
Thanks man!
Zack
Yea, well some of these lunatics may be as old as your dad, but they love this stuff. If you post when you're doing your Moab trip this year, you may find a few stragglers joining up with you. Then, you can do "helldorado" successfully and "safely"... Why does that seem like an oxymoron to me??? By the way, welcome aboard.... you're a long way from Kansas, time for you to check out the Rubicon Trail with us! Can you say ROAD TRIP!!!!

Lori
Hey Cajungal, thanks for the welcome!! I use the reference of my father being old because back in the day he was quite the hellraiser/daredevil. He was pretty excited about riding in Moab until I took him on Poison Spider Mesa last year. He then refused to even try some of the other roads out there. I got him on the Hurrah Pass road because he has done it before in a jeep and he knew it was fairly easy with great scenery. I was really tempted to do some of the harder stuff by myself last year but I did not want to get in a bad situation. I will definately update you all about my trip this year, it would be good to ride with some of you all. I know for sure the trip will be June 15th-24th. (yeah it is hot out there at that time, but it is the only time I can fit it in with work and a new baby) I will probably be in Moab the latter part of those dates, but we may change our mind and go to first half. I will try to post some pics later of our trip last year. Yeah, being in Ohio limits my travelling somewhat, but I usually try to spend a week out west every year.
Thanks!!
Zack
06 Brute Force 650 SRA Green
Dynatek CDI
26" Mud Lite XL's on ITP Series 4

oldtrucks
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby oldtrucks » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:22 pm

Mrbanzai wrote:More Pictures! More Pictures! More Pictures!
I dropped the CD in the mail today, you guys should have enough pictures to satisfy you for a while. Teach Steve about DIGITAL CAMERAS :lol: No Winch? That's really funny
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

[url=http://www.offroadobsession.com/store]Offroad Obsession[/url]

[url=http://www.rallyontherocks.com]Rally on the Rocks![/url]

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:03 pm

Where's my CD?
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

oldtrucks

Postby oldtrucks » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:25 pm

MrBill wrote:Where's my CD?
I burned an extra, suppose you can have one. I've got your oil as well
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Lope
Just opened an account at Cabelas

ATV Ansel.

Postby Lope » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:27 am

Oldtrucks you have the ability to burn trip photos to cd !. That is sure a nice gesture for you to share the photos with your friends.

Lope

MrBill

Re: ATV Ansel.

Postby MrBill » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:53 pm

Lope wrote:Oldtrucks you have the ability to burn trip photos to cd !. That is sure a nice gesture for you to share the photos with your friends.

Lope
Yo Lope.
Larry just love's me more :wink:

It also helps that most of the photos are on your own camera/lap top 8)
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

oldtrucks

Re: ATV Ansel.

Postby oldtrucks » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:25 pm

Lope wrote:Oldtrucks you have the ability to burn trip photos to cd !. That is sure a nice gesture for you to share the photos with your friends.

Lope
Yes Lope, I can do that, and sometimes I even do it. You know my burner was dead, I'll get yours too.
Larry (ATV Ansel)